Suspension overhaul, UPDATE: Parts on!!! PICS

Psych0matt

so the only thing left to get is gen 2 lateral links, and a gen 1.5 rear sway bar. Everything else is either in my garage, in BXX's garage, or will be in BXX's garage once he makes them :lol:

Yup yup! Still waiting on the remaining items for your mounts to come in from England. Hope to get them this week:thumbsup:

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psych0matt

• BXX

• Twenty

• AL

ordered!!! I'm thinking early april for an install party? I might have to suck it up and go to the JY when it's still snowy (or insanely wet) from the looks of it :lol: No biggie though. I need 2nd gen rear brake stuff too, almost forgot!

That sounds like a good time man!!!

Will be win!

I'm so excited, this will be the first time I'll have a car that can handle well, after all the ideas I've had for years!

So pumped to head out and hopefully learn a ton as well!

But I plan on redoing probably the set that's already painted. I would like to find another single wheel though so that I can use the one I had to drill through as a full size spare

Oh I definitely do, just a matter of $ mostly at this point. If I could find some decently light ones that I like I might splurge. Most that I looked at were only 7.5 anyways

Not really a huge fan of either :dunno: not bad, but the first are too plain and roundy looking, and the second ones look kinda funny, but the more I look at it the better I think they'd look with tires... I might roll that idea around...

Oh yeah, and the second ones are not 8 wide :sad:

The elbrus 104s are my favorite

I think they'd look with tires... I might roll that idea around...

wheels4.jpg

meh :dunno: If I get my taxes finished and back, I might spring for the 17" 104s with 245 45s

So you're aiming for April...the race is on to lower our first gens? :lol:

you both fuckin loose!!!!!!!:lol:

Cause mine is already lowered:lol:

And Matt's car will pwn more, why? Cause i'll be working on it, thats why!:lol::showoff:

QUestion of the day:

The 2nd gens have two sets of lateral links, do I need the front or rear? Or both?

All of them:thumbsup:

OR!!! Just buy a set of the adjustable lateral ams off of me:thumbsup::lol:

I can do a full set of 4 lateral arms, all of the adjustable, with the Economy Rod ends (still uber strong, but not Cadillac quiet) for $450 shipped. Add a set of my tubular trailing arms for $120.

Your not gonna hurt these arms, at all! You will also get smoother suspension travel (ZERO BING) and much better response. I think these with coilovers, strut tower braces, and front poly control arm bushings will absolutely pwn!

Did I mention the option of free installation:lol::lol:

Matt I did have plans to try and get you some 2nd gen rear lat arms from the yard, just waiting on my new cordless impact to get here to grab some for you. Also as an FYI, those ES rear stab bushings at the strut work, but the brackets that go over the struts bolts wont because the slots for the strut bolts to go thru are not wide enough. So you can just use the stock ones for now or modify the ES ones to work. I used the stock ones on my old car and I believe this one as well.

Edited by Venom
clarification

Matt I did have plans to try and get you some 2nd gen rear lat arms from the yard, just waiting on my new cordless impact to get here to grab some for you. Also as an FYI, those ES rear stab bushings at the strut work, but the brackets that go over the struts bolts wont because the slots for the strut bolts to go thru are not wide enough. So you can just use the stock ones for now or modify the ES ones to work. I used the stock ones on my old car and I believe this one as well.

I just drilled them wider. Since we will be doing the install, we can use my drill press to drill them out or my die grinder with the carbide bit and it'll be all good.

Definitely thinking about it... Starting to get overwhelmed by what I have/still need :lol: if I didn't tell you yet I'm gonna stick with the fstb not integrated, but the bar you showed me. You have my gmpp arms so I'm covered there.

Heres the breakdown of what I still need (for my sake and yours)

-lat links

-rear sway bar

-whatever bushings you said to stick with stock (inner rear sway bushings, new from Napa, or just use the jy ones)

-tie rod ends

-ball joints

-shocks/struts (ordering tonight or tomorrow)

I think that's where I'm at. Feel free to fill in any gaps, and/or post up what I have waiting with you? :thumbsup:

Edited by Psych0matt