Hello from Virginia

Zoltan

Hello everybody my name is Zoltan, I have been lurking for a while I have learned a lot from this forum and would like to thank you all for the help I've garnered here!!! I have finnaly gotten around to taking a few pics. I am the second owner of this car. I bought it with 81k on it, I have in the last year done the timming belt and gears, lower intake, and replaced the original exhaust. As you can see the car has over 164k and still going strong. Last week the windshild got stoned and cracked. I need exhaust tip check out the the c6's in another thread but they are 2 1/4. I also need the plastic for the A pillars. The junk yards around here are terrible they don't keep anything over 5yrs old. The exhaust is a vibrant quiet resonator and a pair of 50 mufflers. The last pic is of my other cars, an 87 olds 2dr Regency and 09 Pontiac G8Gt. Thanks again for a great forum:thumbsup: post-4520-143689053038_thumb.jpg

post-4520-143689052988_thumb.jpg

post-4520-143689052995_thumb.jpg

post-4520-143689053001_thumb.jpg

post-4520-143689053006_thumb.jpg

post-4520-14368905301_thumb.jpg

post-4520-143689053013_thumb.jpg

post-4520-143689053017_thumb.jpg

post-4520-143689053021_thumb.jpg

post-4520-143689053026_thumb.jpg

post-4520-143689053029_thumb.jpg

post-4520-143689053032_thumb.jpg

Unfortunatly the tabs the clips attach to are gone. I would like to repair/replace these before I get the windshield replaced. The glass guys don't want to have anything to with anything around the glass they are afraid of braking something and not able to replace it so it's my job to strip it down.

On the inside? You mean the trim? they do not affect glass placement. You should be able to fix them. I've repaired them using j/y clips, which can be taken from the pilar of ANY gen 1 car's trim...

Now what is COMPLICATED, is the black trim on the outside of the window which is held in place with screws hidden behind the trim. Worry about that before you worry about the trim. You need to find and break all the screws loose that hold all that trim in place. You should also look into replacement foam to go around the windshield, which is about a 1"x1" strip(measure yours), which can be replaced with close cell foam insulation from a hardware store...

Will your windshield people come to you, or do you have to go to them?

oh... and ZOLTAN? nice name! :lol:

Welcome! Nice looking cars you have there!! Where in Virginia are you btw? I drive through Virginia a few times a year when I head down to NC and Florida to visit.

I've replaced my windshield too and I also had to tear it down my self. Its not all that hard to do just a lot of screws. If you are dealing with rust around those screws they can be a pain to work with.

I replaced that foam with closed cell black 1/2" thick foam weather stripping from home depot on my vert. I think Ken told me to use that when I did it. That old stuff just crumbles away when you touch and makes a mess.

I live in Lovettsville Va. which is about 40 miles west of D.C. I was born in Budapest Hungary. The glass guys come to me after I do all the work the glass is $110.00

Hi, and welcome.

Nice convertible and G8, Regency gets a meh from me.

I find it funny how people ramble on and on aboot their cars and never tell us the years, I'm assuming that the Cutlass Vert is a 1994.

Great to see someone keeping a convertible into old age like that. Wish that I could help with the interior plastic, if you had joined a year later I may have had something for you.

• 2 months later...