99 Regal Cd Player Question

haveacigar_45

I have a 99 Regal GSE and the stock cd player won't play burnt cds at all and the tape player (while worthless) doesn't work at all when I put in a tape with a cord for my ipod. I have a pioneer cd player that I had in my 96' Grand Prix that I'm thinking about installing. My question is about the process of tearing the dash apart. Do I just need to pop off the plastic piece that goes across the front of the dash or do I need to take the whole counsel apart by the shifter and climate control? I'd like to do if its not a pain. I'm sure there is a thread about this already but I searched and couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

There will be 2 screws down on the bottom pannel above the pedals (8 or 10mm IIRC). Pop that pannel down...and you should just be able to pop off that face pannel for the dash wich is held in be clips....dont pull too hard on one side...try to get them all off evenly to prevent breaking them. Once that is off.... you should have access to the 2 8mm screws that hold the radio in. At least that's how you do it on the 99-03 GP. I've never taken the dash apart on my GSE.... but im 99.9% sure its the same exact process.

Hey sounds good, I am going to try to tackle this new week after I take it to the dealer for electrical problems. The Odometer won't light up and the drivers information gauge goes on and off randomly. Also the trac off, brake and service vehicle soon lights keep coming on in the dash randomly but the car drives fine and I'm sure its just electrical garbage. I had the dash apart last week and I figure there is a problem in the circuit board in the dash and I just want it fixed right by a professional. I love the car and it drives fine but the electrical problems are getting old. . .

You can fix the DIC and Odometer yourself for fairly cheap by replacing the resistors on the PCB. A dealership will RAPE YOU for a new cluster.

Trac Off, brake and SVS are likely due to a bad wheel speed sensor..