Are the '99 Monte Carlo Z34's W-Body?

Dannymik

Just like the question asked, are they w-body, because I would like to get my hands on one of those! They have the 3800 series 2 which I'm a big fan of 8) ! Actually I would like to do the swap on my Cutty! And then supercharge it!

w-body.jpg

Yes. It's un-officially titled as a Generation 1.5 since the Generation II Grand Prix and Regal got exterior overhaul in 1997; the Lumina / Monte Carlo only had their overhaul in 1995.

- Erik

P.S. 1500 posts... Malibuolds, I coming for you! :lol:

Just like the question asked, are they w-body, because I would like to get my hands on one of those! They have the 3800 series 2 which I'm a big fan of 8) ! Actually I would like to do the swap on my Cutty! And then supercharge it!

Hey, I'm all for a series II swap, great engine. But I don't suggest supercharging it...just buy an L67 if that's what you want. I love my L36, plenty of power down low, I plan on turboing mine eventually, and according to the research I've done, it's going to be a pain in the ass. Just get an L67 if you want a supercharged 3800 Series II.

almost got one of those once... it was between that (black with the silver checkers) and a blue Galant 4cyl. turbo. i choose the galant until i found out what my insurance would be.

- Justin

I love the body style of the Monte carlo z34's...yet another nice looking w-body. I think the older Lumina z34's are sweet as well, but I was told to avoid the 3.4DOHC from many people.

I actually almost bought a '94 triple black cutty w/ the DOHC...I never gave it the chance to find out if they are a headache. Nothing against all the members with this engine, I simply needed a more reliable means of transportation.

w-body.jpg

If you're looking for the Monte body-design, it's a great idea to go with the 99. T'was a good year with the car since they dropped in the Series II (yes, non-supercharged) and 4T65-E transmission. You'll get four-wheel disks as well, but not the pre-design most have trouble with.

It does not have any major interior stuffing like the trip computer or heads up display (that was always saved for Pontiac's Grand Prix), but dual-zone climate control and all the other usual standard features are included. Leather and power seat adjustments are also something that can be found on many.

Certainly...yeah. I just didn't word my reply completely accurate. Chevy ran most their cars in the lower-end - without the options found in performance oriented Pontiac, and luxury/comfort oriented Olds and Buick.

Shitty deal - but I guess they had to do 'some' differentiating for the sake of separating the divisions.

I'm pretty sure the late-model Monte Carlo does have the trip-computer now...but I don't think they offer HUD. Pity.

I love the HUD and trip computers in cars. I honestly wish Chevy would have at least put them on the options list for their cars. I would pick up a Monte Z with the 3800 in a heartbeat if they came with those options.

I find it funny though...the late-model Monte Carlo comes as such:

Engines: 180 hp 3.4 L V6, or 200 hp 3.8 L Series II V6 or 3.8 L Series II supercharged V6

The LS comes with the 3.4L - and the 3.8L with a WHOPPING-pff 20 more hp is called an SS?

The next up is the Supercharged SS Coupe...seems rediculous to offer such groupings when you still have to set a higher price tag for the top-of-the-line car with additional options like:

$1040 driver info computer

$1500 leather

$600 performance enhanced stereo

$1200 sunroof

...and after a $40,000 car, you still can't have a HUD?

Well, hell, at that price, it's not as if the exchange rate is going to make it any cheaper to you folks below the belt.

I'd expect more for that kind of money.