The great rear lamp bar debate

white4d96

I have a '96 SE with coupe tails. I need to do something with the rear lamp bar. I feel that it doesn't flow with the non-standard tails. I'm debating either just pulling the bulbs and leaving it blacked out, or maybe running them off a relay tied into the brake lamps so they aren't on constantly (which would be accomplished with junkyard pigtails so I could return to stock if need be.) Either way I think it's getting more tint. What do you guys think? Any other suggestions?

I think it looks better without the filler panel, but I'd tie it into the break lights. If you really want to take the time, I'd say seperate them into two halves, so you can have half flash with the turn signal

I think it looks better without the filler panel, but I'd tie it into the break lights. If you really want to take the time, I'd say seperate them into two halves, so you can have half flash with the turn signal

that would look weird having red AND orange flashing.

I like the idea of turning them into brake lights.

that would look weird having red AND orange flashing.

I like the idea of turning them into brake lights.

Better than the retards who have their reverse lights wired up as brake lights!!

Get STE middle filler plate, retrofit to work with former tails at bottom. leave bottom dead but looking as it does . . . .WIN

/Thread.

I was also kinda playing with the idea of finding a way to make the upper part of a coupe bumper fit, but that would likely be way too much work for right now =P I might try the brake light idea. Next time I'm at PnP I'll grab some 194 pigtails and have a wiring party lol. Worst comes to worst I can return it to stock.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...