Will this engine fit in my car?

Brandon72

3.8 from a 90 Regal into a 93 3.1 GP? The Regal's in good shape, just some body rust and tranny slippage. The Regal is a coupe and was wanting it for parts. The GP is a SE sedan.

It will fit just fine, but note that the gearing on the transmissions on the 3.8 and 3.1 are different, so you would need a 3.8 transmission. Ken could better answer this question though.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

you mean he went behind your back for a second opinion, the nerve of it all. seriously gut the 3800 car for everthing engine related and stuff it in your. then get a 3800 harness for a 93 gp and the pcm for one too, it will make the swap easier this way. check all the pinouts! take note of what Extreme said and whatever Robert told you i am sure is very accurate!!!!!!!

you mean he went behind your back for a second opinion, the nerve of it all. seriously gut the 3800 car for everthing engine related and stuff it in your. then get a 3800 harness for a 93 gp and the pcm for one too, it will make the swap easier this way. check all the pinouts! take note of what Extreme said and whatever Robert told you i am sure is very accurate!!!!!!!

i'm just saying, i answered every question he asked with a well-known and proveable fact...

oh, and no GP came with a 3800 until 97. a 93 regal w/3800 exists, and would work, since it came with a 4T60E. 92 and earlier got the 4T60.

Sounds to me like it's more trouble than it's worth. Thanks for all the info. Excuse me for wanting a second opinion.::) Won't do that again!! ::)::)::)

Edited by Brandon72