Current 90 TGP STE Problem Please Read!!!

JohnKoz

Having a peculiar problem with my 90 STE, after exhaustive restorative work to the frame which i completed myself after car rested for a year in the driveway, fired up just fine changed all fluids, ran some injector cleaner in the first tank, while driving after about a half hour, the car symptomizes what appears to be a stall, but in a fashion such as switching off a lightswitch, and after a few moments the car starts back up and runs just fine, as if the lightswitch had turned back on. This happens for a couple days. Further down the road, the car stalls and doesnt start back up on its own. Only after 5 or 10 minutes it fires right up! I made it home, and 2 days later the car wont even start,, its trying to turn over, but its just not completing the ignition, i did get a back-fire once or twice so i suspect its still getting gas, I also suspect that it is perhaps the computer.. or ecm,,. some time ago i had to replace that and didnt get one directly from another ste, but rather a similar car from a yard. And after stalling, there is no code registering on the dash when i cross the connections, rather just the code for "all is well with the diagnostics system " or 12. Im just a bit perplexed as to what i should do from here as far as what i can do to diagnose this problem,, and any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.. Peace.

john < johnkoz4200@hotmail.com>

ps. ive also got a bad muffler which im sure is causing some compression irregularities but im not convinced this would have anything to do with this.

When you put that different ECM in your car, did you switch the MEMCAL from the original TSTE ECM to the one you put in your car? Because the TSTE memcal is different than a standard GP MEMCAL.

I used to have a 88 z24 that did the exact same thing whenever i put chevron 93 octaine w/ techron gas in it...not sure if the gas was exactly the cause, but i narrowed it down to a bad/ faulty/getting hot/ coil pack-ignition module assy.hope that gives you some help.