Intermittent hard shifting problem

swalter27

Ok I am new to this board so glad to be part of the group. Hopefully you guys can help.

I have a 99 Regal LSE with the 3800. I have noticed since I bought the car with 124k to now (148k) a few intermittent symptoms that I believe are related but would like some insight/ confirmation so I will list the symptoms and maybe you guys will know what is going on.

1)the car shifts rough intermittently, not super vilolently but definitely noticeable

2) At roughly 45mph I notice ,again intermittently, that the tach fluctuates 200-300 rpm up and down without the car changing speeds

3) On a recent trip I had the chance to use cruise control and found that it would shut itself off randomly

4) The ABS, Service Vehicle Soon, and Trac off lights are all on (it is certainly possible this symptom is completely unrelated)

5) Mediocre fuel mileage even after changing o2 sensor, spark plugs, thermostat, fuel filter

I am thinking possible VSS issue but most of what I have read elsewhere about the VSS symptoms and it seems like that may not be possible since the Speedo operates perfectly fine. Help Please!