Aftermarket body parts?

Wheels

Hi all. I've got a quick question. First off, my car has had a few dents from a minor fender bender last year. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the car...except for the small dents from the damage. A friend of mine works at a local aftermarket center and is willing to sell me a new aftermarket hood and fender for $60 total. My question is.....should i purchase these aftermarket parts at this price or is it just better to pay more for the original parts at the salvage yard? (our local salvage yards aren't cheap in price either.) Is anyone using an aftermarket hood or fender? I'm just worried it may not fit properly.

The photos below shows exactly how the car was when it was hit. As you can see, the damage is very, very minor. The hood has a dent in the left corner, the fender is definately dented but luckily the fender flare is perfect, and the door has been slighly dented as well. The door cladding is perfect also."

wreck1.png

wreck6.png

OEM parts will always fit better than aftermarket ones.

x2

Like you said go to a junkyard get a hood and fender. It may be more money but will fit like a factory fit.

For that scratch get some touch up paint, and from a distance you won't even be able to tell.

Id hold out for a good set at the yard. I see plenty of white B4U Grand Prixs around here, so you should just go that route. That way you wouldnt even have to worry about paint if they are in good paint shape to begin with.

First off...Happy New Year to everyone! I've been thinking the same thing. It might just be better to hold off on the aftermarket parts and hope to find/bargain on originals at the junk yard. I'll try to keep an eye. I assume the hood and fender from a sedan fit just the same, correct? All i would need to do is just drill the holes for the fender flare?

Get junkyard parts. Maybe things have changed in the past 15 or so years, but back in the 90's my parents had an aftermarket fender put on an 89 Ford Taurus. It looked okay for the most part, but the gap was way off between fender and door. Maybe the average Joe wouldn't notice it, but guaranteed any car guy would have.

:lol: Well a few days ago, i picked up a fender that was in perfect shape. The guy started off by saying $175 for the hood and fender.....i was immediately going to walk out after hearing that but i told him i'll just take the fender only. After bargaining with him, i got it for $50. I'll just have to look elsewhere for the hood.