W - body suspension

Steve LS

I know I could search through your many topics and find out more but I'll ask anyhow. Did all have the ?carbon fiber? or what ever it is made of rear spring. Or were some spring steel ? I believe my 86 Riv has steel . I know its not W body but appears similar in design.

What spring is my 91 Regal going to have in it ? Its not home yet , private sale so stuff has to be done on weekends and transfer of title, insurance and registration by me after working hours.

Also he said it has the grand touring suspension package. Would this be the same as the GS or in between ?

I read one of your posts on lowering and rear spring/coil over issues. I was wondering if anyone ever thought of having a spring shop custom curve a steel or stack of steel springs to do the lowering or stiffining or both ? Or are these big single transverse mono springs really odd . I havent really taken a good look at them.

Guest TurboSedan

all 88-97 GEN-1 w-bodies have the transverse monoleaf. i'm not sure what it's made out of. noone makes a lowering monoleaf :( the only way to lower it is to throw a bunch of weight in the trunk or get coilovers. to check which suspension you have, look in the trunk at the 'Service Parts Identification' sticker. the suspension code should be either 'FE1' or preferably, 'FE3'.

joshua

i got a email today telling me my coil overs are "in the mail" i'll take pics for you guys after they are installed. And i'll have a mono leaf for sale, not sagging at all. Granny diven (my g-ma RIP) for 60,000 i only put like 10,000 on it. so it only had subs sittin on it for like 5-7,000 miles. If interested make a offer, it won't be out for a while though. LAter Jay