• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Radnsmash

• xtremerevolution

• Night Fury

• Galaxie500XL

I sent you the number of a guy in the area (not sure how far from you) who has done a lot of these and would be willing to help you out, even help with getting parts at a discount. Give him a call and he can atleast help you out some with some good information.

I sent you the number of a guy in the area (not sure how far from you) who has done a lot of these and would be willing to help you out, even help with getting parts at a discount. Give him a call and he can atleast help you out some with some good information.

He is over an hour and a half away, but you're right on me calling for some tips and such.

you'd be surprised. he might swing out that way and take a look at it for you. I know when I go out to visit, we go to Worcester to go to the junkyard.

Hope that helps.

you'd be surprised. he might swing out that way and take a look at it for you. I know when I go out to visit, we go to Worcester to go to the junkyard.

Hope that helps.

Yeah I know of the j/y you're talking about its like a half hour away. Thanks again!

Maybe if I wasn't an unemployed high school senior I'd throw an L67 in it, but with 2K for my insurance and a father who wont let me go all out with it because he thinks I'm "not that good yet". The knock sounds like its def. coming from upper intake manifold, checked the dipstick and it sure looked like oil.(And as usual, nearly no coolant in there, but I'd rather not throw some in since I've been using the "green stuff" ever since I first saw the LOW COOLANT light come on in the beginning of this year. I'm just going to get this done and pray that this 3800 lives up to the reputation of its great brothers.

Just put the L36 NA3800 cover on the engine and no one will now the difference!

:lol: :burnout:

I'm very tempted to just do this in my backyard, I can go to my local library and rent a Haynes(assuming they have the 95-00 Lumina/Monte edition there)

If you decide to do it yourself and the library doesn't have the Haynes manual, I can scan in the pages you need since I have that manual..

Thank you sir!

Holy shit this must be the first forum I have ever registered with that actually contains a supportive, helpful userbase. :cheers:

This form > all others.

:biggrin:

It just makes it a lot easier. Instead of freaking out at the end because you have an extra bolt.... LOL

My grandfather always told me that if you had a bolt or two left over, and whatever you fixed still works, you did a good job. :lol: :lol: :lol: He tested that theory a couple of times.