• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tunerlover3

• xtremerevolution

• RobertISaar

• Crazy K

I wouldn't use wagener pads. I've tried them and didn't like them at all. If you want a good pad, expect to pay $40-$50 per side. At autozone, pick up their friction master pads. Those are pretty good. I've installed 5 pairs of those without any trouble. My only gripe about them is they squeal a bit when hot, but otherwise they're great.

not to backtrack or anything...

but i've used Brake Performance Rotors before and have had good luck with them, you can get all the options (Slotted, Drilled, Dimpled) but they are all zinc coated & if you get the premium dimpled & slotted you get free pads/shipping/lifetime warranty against warping and defects in materials & workmanship

they run ~ 170 or so for the premium

Would you say Wagner or Wearever are any good? Advanced Auto has a set of Wearever Silver for the front costing $24

Wearever's are alright. I've installed lots of silver & gold versions on various cars. I just checked over one of the cars that my parents own that I installed wearever rotors + wearever gold pads on a couple of years ago. They have 49,000 miles on them currently and have a ton of pad life left. Rotors have a long way to go to discard thickness as well. The car mainly sees highway usage with only a few miles of city driving per trip.

Well in the next day or two,

Ill be ordering new front and rear R1 rotors. Just slotted. Im afraid of getting the drilled because of the winter rust......

Ill probably just go with Pepboys Ceramic pads because thats where I work lol

Yeah, you've probably seen the R1's (drilled) fail on mymonte right?

And apparently our cars eat rotors. Probably what I spent the most money on, on that car. Seemed like it happened worse when I wasn't driving the car as much... does that make any sense? It was garaged during this time. The car was only driven like once a week until I sold. The test drive was HORRIBLE, I thought they would have run away screaming, but ended up getting it fixed for them.