• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tunerlover3

• xtremerevolution

• RobertISaar

• Crazy K

My front r1 rotors warped under a year probably because they were doing all the braking last summer and also because I went thru allot of flooded areas while they were still hot. But I put them back on around May this year after my dad got them re-done and I have not had a problem yet.

I will take a picture of myself wearing tighty whities on my head and post it on w-body if you can warp a set of zinc coated R1 rotors in under a year.

Ummmmm, I can make this bet happen...but I dunno if I want to :lol: :leaving:

How are the pads wearing?

E-brake cable isn't stuck is it? I know on some of them it goes right through and can get caught on.

That's messed up though. I thought that I was bad going through a set of brake pads in 40K kilometers.

BTW - GF asked for pics of me in tighty whities. So did that tonite, it was funny wandering into this thread after that.

Trying to add more to this than hijack, but I put "premium CarQuest brand pads and rotors on the 98 about 2.5 years ago and I noticed warpage in about a year. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. My brother recommended going with a good ceramic pad, but didn't mention anything specific about rotor types.

Im ordering a set of the slotted R1 rotors probably soon.

I dont wanna go with the full slotted and drilled rotors.

IIRC: using ceramic pads, you NEED slotted rotors.

My bonneville's r1 rotors are drilled ad slotted front and rear, and I have absolutely no problems. I've heated them with ceramic pads up to the point of failure and they didn't crack or warp.

Honestly, I don't think it's your Monte. The way traffic works here in Chicago is very bad for brakes in general. If you're buying the cheap Chinese stuff, pay a bit more and it'll last a while longer. :dunno:

Honestly, I don't think it's your Monte. The way traffic works here in Chicago is very bad for brakes in general. If you're buying the cheap Chinese stuff, pay a bit more and it'll last a while longer. :dunno:

Could be.

No you don't. I'm running a set of Satisfied ceramics with a set of economy rotors and the brakes a much nice now then when I was running the original semi-metallics.

No you don't. I'm running a set of Satisfied ceramics with a set of economy rotors and the brakes a much nice now then when I was running the original semi-metallics.

just something i remember being told at one point. something about the ceramic heating up and not wanting to bite on a blank rotor.

stay very far away from autozone duralast pads. pure crap.

the best pads I have used for these cars are akebono pro-act ultra premiums and bendix ct-3's. I've heard of some people having good experiences with hawk ceramics and EBC pads, but I haven't personally used them. I would choose one of these 4. I personally love the akebonos. Incredible pads, and i've used a lot of brake pads.