Added an option to the GP - a Supreme option!!!

Breakdown

Nothing much goin' on here, this was done a few weeks back, but been kept secret for the meet, I was thinking about coming down with Matt and Jamie and doing the ole' switcheroo on everyone with Jamie's rims to make them think that his car was there!

So here goes.

Amy's been through an interior swap. Seats & carpet from a '95 (same year) Cutlass Supreme, it was funny but the console top was a Cutlass Supreme one to start with I guess.

Amysnewseats01.jpg

Trying for fitment at the back.

Amysnewseats06.jpg

Everything out but one belt receiver.

Amysnewseats05.jpg

AMY's naked on the inside!!

Amysnewseats04.jpg

I've actually removed that black piece in whole I don't think it necessary to have with the Cutlass seats in there. Theres's no noise problems back there.

Amysnewseats02.jpg

I have to admit that this looks pretty bad with only the one seat in there and the wrong coloured belt receiver. This wasn't so much about getting black or leather, it was about getting a power seat and getting the base seats the hell outta there.

Amysnewseats07.jpg

I'm so glad that I did carpet as well, looks better than I had anticipated, and for the record I think that Cutlass seats are better looking than their GP counterparts, forget about the fact that you have 60/40 in the back fold-downs.

The car is nearly 6 years removed from being smoked in and I've gotten about 80% of the smoke smell that was left in it out since I bought it. Now, it's all gone, the remainder was really in the seats, so the car looks different, feels different, there is no much support in these near-mint seats and also smells different, Matt also was kind enough to do new plugs and wires so the drive was improved too!

looks good. if your not going to change out the door panels or dash and have them black i would paint some parts of the door pannel black and mabey a some tan on the center console. and i think a 2 tone would look sweet

Swap the dash and door panels and rear deck too. Dont stop there. Honestly, its cool to swap it all, but in the end I dont think its worth it. Been there and done that. But I do hate the tan in 1st gen GP's, so it is an improvement.

Swap the dash and door panels and rear deck too. Dont stop there. Honestly, its cool to swap it all, but in the end I dont think its worth it. Been there and done that. But I do hate the tan in 1st gen GP's, so it is an improvement.

The swap was about four things:

1.) Seats with better support (Check)

2.) Having a power seat (Check)

3.) Slightly improving the look of the car (Check)

4.) Having a pass-thru to mount the amp on the back of so that I can quick disconnect the sub for trunk space (FAIL)

4.) Having a pass-thru to mount the amp on the back of so that I can quick disconnect the sub for trunk space (FAIL)

The rears dont fold down? I havent had a rear bench since I first got my car and it didnt, but it was a base car. If thats the case, go get some rear buckets! The pass through is still small, but better than nothing.

The rears dont fold down? I havent had a rear bench since I first got my car and it didnt, but it was a base car. If thats the case, go get some rear buckets! The pass through is still small, but better than nothing.

They do, but I had forgotten how big and square my amp was, it can't fit anywhere on the back of the seats without jamming them closed. I guess I could just have one that is perma-closed and screw the amp into it. That could work. I would just love the option of okay want lots of stuff in the trunk. Click-click-click-click sub-out 10 seconds have elapsed.

Amysnewseats08.jpg

Top pic = with no flash (this is how light the blue glows - looks cool!)

Bottom pic = with flash

Just wondering why you didnt change your belt holder too? I changed mine, they were easy. Just a torx bit.

Forgot to get them from the guy, if you're talking to me.

I think that I'm honestly going to stop at the carpet, belt receivers and seats.

As for Venom.

Good job but man that is hella-backwards!!! You have to undo everything you've done (well not the side panels, but you get the idea) to get the new carpet in!

Just wondering why you didnt change your belt holder too? I changed mine, they were easy. Just a torx bit.

Forgot to get them from the guy, if you're talking to me.

I think that I'm honestly going to stop at the carpet, belt receivers and seats.

As for Venom.

Good job but man that is hella-backwards!!! You have to undo everything you've done (well not the side panels, but you get the idea) to get the new carpet in!

I havnt done the rear panels or rear deck yet, only the seats, door panels, dash, and A-pillars. The C-pillars, rear qtr panels, rear deck, and seatbelts are all in the garage awaiting the carpet once I find a decent one.

This is just a thought, i have no idea how realistic it is, but if you want the ability to mount your amp so you can quick disconnect the sub, what about mounting it under the speaker deck?

Is the area between the rear speakers wide enough to mount it there? I'm sure you would need to fab up some way to mount it, but this may enable you to mount your amp to the car, so you can quick disconnect the sub, and still enable you to put the seats down when you need that space..

Just something to think about!

On another note, :high5: on the swap i like it!