94-96 GP Dash Removal.

94GPGTP

Ok so my dash got a crack it in from trying to remove the HUD panel a while back and since it WAS a Texas car it was dry and brittle. So now that I am doing a 5 spd swap and need to take out the dash I'll replace it with a better one. How hard is it to remove the 94-96 dash? Is it just the same as the 88-93? Harder? Or easier?

Does anyone happen to have pics from a teardown or a dash swap from a 94-96?

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c214/Crazy_Ken/Dash%20Swap%2095%20CS%20into%2094%20Cs/

i think it is easier than the earlier dash.

to do:

unhook battery.

pull airbag fuses.

drop column; you might find it easiest to remove the driver's seat and just lay it on the floor wihtou unhooking the shaft.

remove all instruments, switches, glove box.

pull up the the leading edge (window side) of the passenger airbag cover, then push it toward the windshield.

remove the bolts that hold it down.

remove all bolts, look for hidden ones behind the radio, and above the column's location.

and get some plastic card type material to wedge up the points where the duct work is attached to the dash.

and if you are going to get lost, use a marker and bags to help identify everything.

1LoudCutty has a thread on this that goes into very good detail on tools and bolt locations.

Yeah one of many of my threads that should have been stickied and never were... Its prolly long gone now though..

1LoudCutty has a thread on this that goes into very good detail on tools and bolt locations.

Yeah one of many of my threads that should have been stickied and never were... Its prolly long gone now though..

If its found let me know..

thanks for the input guys..