Crying shame...

logikf1ve

Saw this in my local JY today.. Dunno what year it was, didn't look. REALLY REALLY clean Z34 Lumina with 54,000 miles. I saw it and started looking and was like "wow this car has no rust and shiny paint all over..." Open the door and check the mileage and about peed myself. WHY would anyone do it? Yeah, the car has no resale (hence why it was a CFC) but Jesus.. What a clean car.

photo-5.jpg

photo1.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• logikf1ve

• 3pt1lumina

• GOT2B GM

• tornado_735

It was an auto.

There is no deadline to when a CFC gets crushed. As long as engines aren't sold from them, they have no reason why they can't sit in the JY.

This car IS a CFC, I know it for a fact. I'm going back tomorrow and I'll get pictures of the sticker on the engine to prove it. I bet it's pretty rifled over now by other people, though.

From what I understand from the bill, CFC cars must be crushed after 180 days of trade in. So, the yard will let people get as much as they can from it, then crush it later.

either way, looked like a good car, though the paint looks pretty jacked up in those pics.

The paint was just covered in dust/dirt. Spray it with a hose and it'd look like brand new. Hell, the stock wheels didn't even have any clearcoat peeling!

Even so, this car will likely be gone long before 180 days... This yard has a quick turn over rate.

You can see "Clunker" written on the windshield and the sticker on the front valve cover.

photo3.jpg

Engine bay is a little dirty for 54,000, but not abnormal IMO.

photo4.jpg