OEM's Turbo Lumina--Suspension time

dohc v6

For a while the lumina sat in the garage collecting dust. I have been really involved in the J-body scene as there are lots more people out there and alot of them needed parts that I could make. Either way, I am moving my shop, moving to a whopping 1500sq unit. So with those details out of the way, I was looking at my car the other day and noticed, man its sits nasty. So i went ahead and ordered the rest of my konis I needed. There not cheap at $200 each. So those are on the way, then I noticed that the car needs to go lower, so went ahead and bought a couple coilover parts to go along with my solid mounts. While replacing the alternator I noticed that the rear knock sensor wire was torn off, not sure why. So I ran to the JY got a wire and soldered it back in. Car seems to be running better with it and a new optima and alternator of course. Then when I was under the car I was looking at the exhasut, the 2.5" crushed shit I had on there was not helping the turbo, so I am redoing it in 3" SS mandrel.

Those are the plans so far. I still need to put the interior back in and get that settled. Dont be surprised if you guys start seeing parts for these cars being made very soon. I will keep you updated

Pics of course, as soon as I can take them, along with vids.

Mark-OEM

Whats the PN on the Koni's you are buying for your car?

i have the part numbers wrote down somewhere, i will pm you them after i look for them.

dont know why mark makes it out to be a secret :confused:

Yeah, wierd.... They are just another cars application, no big deal.

they are cartridges, you have to modify a rear strut into makin it into a housing like the front.. any good machine shop can thread the housing after you dismantle the strut.

i'm talking for the front, He supposedly has koni race shocks up front, but has yet to reveal which one.

Yeah, I know. Like I said, I have the part numbers around here someewhere. You can buy them straight from Summit Racing actually

They are 1437 race. I did A LOT of research on these and alot of test fitting to find the correct ones, though that I could make some money with all the work.

Mark-OEM

thanks! Looks like I may have another mod for next year.

How did you go about fastening them down to the knuckle?

modify stock strut top nut?

Because Mark has priorities. Car > camera

:lol:

He is like my polar opposite lately...

But the camera is making me money, the car only costs me money!

Jamie

Well since we are moving I had to move the lumina, so I had to put it back down on the ground. Since I sold my spring to extreme evolution or what ever his name is, this is how it sits. This is how it will sit when its done, but obviously lower in the front. Rear struts just got powdered, pics of those soon.

Mark-OEM

P8140049.jpg

P8140050.jpg

P8140052.jpg