• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supertrick_05

• GOT2B GM

• grandprixnyc

• sloick

Well even if I bought your car, I'd feel bad to do anything since you restored it (at least I remember reading that you did)...I have my own plans for the car I get, which is restoring it, but to my liking. Everything will be repainted and the interior will be reupholstered...even the dash will get custom wrapped with leather or high-quality vinyl.

Yeah it's definitely more fun fixing up the car on your own, that way you know it better. I wish i could find someone around here that is in love with w bodys as much as everyone is on here to buy my car, i really want it to be taken care of after I sell it. I love it, but it's my regular car and i think i need something that is a little more reliable, not that my grand prix isn't but you never know. And I also have a 88 iroc i'm fixing up, and if i bought another car i'd have 3 sitting around. I'm only 16 and my mom would hate to have another car outside, she already thinks it looks like a parking lot haha. But i'm looking to buy a 98 grand prix gt/gtp or an 04 gt, i don't know which one though. if i can find a good deal on a 98 gtp i'll get that because it's supercharged

• 1 month later...

Alright people, not sure if I'm going to buy this car next weekend or the weekend after, but it's gonna be one of those weekends. Once it's bought, I'm going to get it over to my dads and start inspecting the car for any major rust damage (ripping out the interior, trunk, and get the car off the ground for underneath inspection). If the car is saveable (which I hope it is), I know that most likely the entire suspension needs replacing, as does the carpet and multiple interior parts needs to be deep cleaned and re-upholstered, and I know I'm going to have to look for a different trans, but would like to see exactly what the problem is. I might try to find a lower-mileage engine as well. Eventually I'd like to swap the 94-96 B4U kit on, and have located a few cars in the local junk yard that have good body parts between the two. I may have to look elsewhere for the front bumper, but the rest of the parts are available. Anyways, i'm so excited to get this car home and start inspecting! :peace:

I hope it is. The rusty battery tray area looks like it can be easily replaced with a new or good used piece. I'm sure there's a good piece in one of the many 88-96 cars in the local yard. I've already found all of the exterior parts I need (fenders, B4U kit, door handles, mirror, trunk). And I can get a new carpet from ACC for like $200 I think. I don't know what the inside of the trunk looks like, but I'm sure I'm gonna have to replace the carpet in there too. I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this car if it's not too far gone!