hey guys i'm a newbie and think i can help with some issues.

STGBROOK

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but, I would like to add my "Welcome" also. The guys on here may be able to teach you a few things too with their real world experiences. They've made my life a bunch easier and my car enjoyable. Of course, it's always good to have the horse's mouth on the forum.

again, welcome to the forum. always glad to have someone who's brain we can pick for help with our future classics!

please let us know how the top replacement goes, i still have an original top that is finally due for replacement after the summer.......

stay in touch on the board!

thanks,

C

thanks to all of you for the welcome. i'll do what i can to help when asked. if i don't know the answer i'll say so but look through all my crap to try and find the answer.. shout out to perry with that black vert, we'll talked again in the future about that damn thing. i really like it.

i have a new stayfast top and backlite coming in from topsonline. i spoke to vic the owner out in callie and he seems to be a good guy and the cheapest. we talked alot and he's thinking of having a company in canada look into reproducing the w/strips. if i remember right, the vendor for the original cutty w/strip was in canada. hard to keep track. if it happens he wanted to get me involved and test out a set. will follow up when and if that happens. vic did send me a copy of the olds service manual concerning replacement of the top. i thought that was pretty cool.

i think ripp asked if i knew john at c&c and if it's the guy i'm thinking, he was working on the trouble line on the back wall of the shop. nice guy and helped me out alot but the guy who taught me was bob baker. he was the shop supervisor at c&c and literally walked me through and educated me every step of the way. if the top stack was bent or parachuted bob would send me down the complete top stack overnight. rarely we would reskin out in the field. so i'll let you know how mine goes when the top comes in. see if i can remember after all these years.

if i remember right, the vendor for the original cutty w/strip was in canada. hard to keep track

Original "A" pillar weatherstrips have MADE IN CANADA printed on the back side.

Tom

hey perry, i might take you up on that for the winter project. appreciate the offer. ripp, i remember eric. if you still in touch with him tell him i said hi.. i'm sure he'll remember me. i also remember john the head of c&c. i thought you were talking previously of the line worker john. all the guys and gals at c&c were really trying to build a good product but a lot of things were against them. crazy k hit it on the head as far as waterleaks being the main concern. that was 95% of the calls i went out on. everytime the customer would rotate the top, trying to get the w/strips to meet and the same point each time was a chore. the most difficult area was the top to 'a' pillar fit. when the owner had water dripping on thier lap in a rain storm they were a little upset.

at the time i was assigned to gm's stg (service technology group) and my boss had me do a video down in south fla. on how to approch and correct waterleaks. the production company broke it up into several segments and came out with two vhs tapes and they were supplied to my counterparts across the country. i'm pulling everything apart trying to find them but no luck. i'll call some of the old guys and see if they have a copy and let you guys know.

let me know what all of you are doing for carpet. we all know that the coupe won't fit the vert floor pan but i think it's only in the rear wells where the difference is. i think the vert is a little smaller. i tried all the carpet guys on the net and no luck. if someone has tried the coupe carpet, please let me know. thanks.

i picked up a coup carpet and am getting ready to install it one of these weekends so if no one has let you know by then, i will post up here for you or start a thread. on the whole interior swap.

hey swift13, yeah please let me know how that turns out with the carpet. did you get tan carpet or a differnet color? i was thinking of going with black..... i have the same green and tan combo you have. thanks.

im switching every thing to charcoal, i have a thread somewhere around here about my back seat conversion where i put the 60/40 split with the passage way to the trunk, as far as i know no convertible came like that.

i have all the interior besides the rear quarters and a-pillars in charcoal, but i will prob. just get them re-upholstered to match

and after that the top is next to go black.

• 5 weeks later...

Crazy K, i spoke to bob b. the guy who taught me verts at cars and concepts and asked about the 95's with hud. they built 5 vehicles with the hud for 95 but had a hard time with keeping them in focus. he knows the one he was testing went to california and he doesn't know what happened to the other four. olds engineering decided not to go with it. so yeah, there are/were a few unicorns out there.....

Crazy K, i spoke to bob b. the guy who taught me verts at cars and concepts and asked about the 95's with hud. they built 5 vehicles with the hud for 95 but had a hard time with keeping them in focus. he knows the one he was testing went to california and he doesn't know what happened to the other four. olds engineering decided not to go with it. so yeah, there are/were a few unicorns out there.....

WOW!!!! I know one person who claims to have looked at one at a dealer, and ManicMechanic says one in Germany has one... but hasn;t given me further info.

I would assume that they got the earlier type dash with a gp type hole? or.......... I'll note that second gen cars with a hud have a "appendage" that covers the hole which is not covered by the regular grill...

I wonder...

I'd like to hear more about this myself. What dash was used and such if possible.

I am late to the party but WELCOME .

I have learned a lot here...bunch of great (and smart) folks.

We all try to share and help keep these beautiful and tedious cars on the road

• 4 weeks later...

My '95 drips in my lap when being driven in the rain.. :) Looking closely at the top when closed, it appears that the left hand side of the top frame on my car sits about 1/4 inch farther back than the right side...I suspect this is causing the leak, because this creates a small gap between the top, and the thin rubber seal that sits in the groove of the windshield header...how do you adjust the top to move just a bit farther forward on the left hand side?