It's doing it again, not starting cold...

meltboy1

After the car has been sitting a while, like overnight, it doesn't want to start in the morning, it's only when the engine has been sitting more than a few hours. It used to do this before, but after I took out the topgun 180 chip cuz it was acting up and causing all sorts of other problems it stopped doing it completely for months, until the other day it started doing it again. Even after sitting all winter it started up right away every week or so I started it to run for a bit...

I am going to pick up a fuel pressure tester, cuz I assume I am losing pressure and it's just taking a while to build up, cuz it cranks fine but just seems like it's not getting gas. Sometimes it will sputter like it's gona start but will take a couple more cranks...

What is normal pressure for when the car is off and when it is running? If I do have a pressure problem, how do I fix that?

well normal pressure should be about anything above 40psi when you first turn on the key.

if it doesnt have normal pressure after the first key cycle, then you need a new sending unit because the valve isnt holding the fuel in the line.

as far as I know, I never changed it, and I doubt it was changed before I got a hold of the car. I suppose a new one wouldn't hurt...lol