Coilover Adj Front and Rear Mounts w/ Spherical Bearings, Who Wants Some????!!!!

BXX

Just need to find a local maching shop to maching these parts out for me and I will be all set.

Big thanks to Rob aka Venom for the help with providing the rear mount and strut for me to get measurements for the design and being the main motovational force :lol:

Due to size limitations of the spherical bearing for our struts the mounts WILL have to incorporate the upper spring seat. The spherical bearing just cannot take the loading.

Upper Front Strut Mount Plate, Caster Adjustable

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f313/b12redline/?action=view&current=0428092211.flv

Upper Front Strut Mount, Bolts To Upper Plate

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f313/b12redline/?action=view&current=0428092210.flv

Rear Upper Strut Mount

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f313/b12redline/?action=view&current=0428092212.flv

Hell, I've missed ya buddy...I asked Venom about you.

Looking good on the suspension, going to have to see if we want to implement any of that on the TGP.

Hell, I've missed ya buddy...I asked Venom about you.

Looking good on the suspension, going to have to see if we want to implement any of that on the TGP.

I missed ya too Jay :poorthing: :lol:

Been busy as hell, sore as hell, and trying to get stuff designed and implemented onto my car.. More fun stuff to come after the mounts.

Venom sent me a text that you asked about me.. Him and I text often. Rob is a fuckin cool dude.. :cool:

Damn straight Im cool. Now get those mounts done dammit.

BTW Im texting him the same thing right now LOL

lol 90 percent of my texts are from you big sexy :lol:

I sent to design to a company locally. Got an email back this morning, he couldnt open the files to view them. I designed them using Solidworks 2008, apparently he has Solidworks 2005 and it wont open them.. Im downloading 2005 right now, but im gonna see if he can use a different type of file that I can save it to that he can open,

And is it only Venom and I that are intersted in a full set of these????

Nope :smile:

BTW Good to see you again Bob!

So 2 people definate, 1 maybe...

Gonna try to keep them well under $200 a set I would like to be able to sell them for under $300 for all 4, you supply the spherical bearings and lockrings

Depending on the final cost and when they will be available, I'm interested :wink:

I had started a design and was going to get my father to machine them (he has a shop), but I'd rather just buy them so I can get my car finally finished.

Depending on the final cost and when they will be available, I'm interested :wink:

I had started a design and was going to get my father to machine them (he has a shop), but I'd rather just buy them so I can get my car finally finished.

It didnt take a lot to design them really, even with it being my 1st time using Solidworks, or any solid modeling software for that matter.

It was just a matter of getting and implementing accurate measurements into the design..

Starting a design and actually completing it are two very completely different things.. Especially when you spend 1/3 of the time doing tweeks to it :willynilly:

It was however very taxing on my brain, working over 10 hours of hell a day doesnt help.

I would like to have a full set in my hand and on my vehicle in 2 weeks... After that, I can be payed and put in an order for a set.. Turn-around should be less than a week...

Oh yeah...

I tweeked the design (1 of about 20 times :lol:), and hopefully the last, to allow a ES Urathane coilspring seat to fit quite nicely :biggrin:

I will try to offer them as complete setups, Mounts, Spherical Bearings, Lockrings, Spring Seats and keep the price down..

I have a lot of time into this guys.. Once I get the final info from the maching shop I will put up a group buy thread as well...

Well, I got a call from the machine shop today. He got the design and took a look at it and quoted me to price on material alone for now. He said he will be calling me tomorrow with the total quote to have them made.

The material costs are...

$25 each on the rear mounts

$5 each on the front mounts

They will be machined from 4130 billet... So no strenght issues here!!!

I will still need to locate a shop to laser or waterjet cut the front plates that the front mount bolts to...

Will update with more tomorrow!!

Well I need to try to find someone else to machine the parts out. I got a quote from the one shop here in Brunswick...

$300 each on the fronts

$600 each on the rears

Someone is smoking crack..

Im not sure how it adds up to $1740 in machining time???

Anyone got connections??? $1800 a set if fuckin rediculous.. Im actually offended!!!!

Ok Mark, I will do that.

I cant save it as dwg file or the other one you PMd me about. Soo, I dunno what file might work fine with you...

Alrighty..

I just figured out how to make a dwg file from the solidmodel and add dimensions in..

Working on the fronts now...

On another note, Mark, you can shoot me a quote... And I will be making a group buy thread.

The machine shop called me back, if I order a quantity, the price drops severely.. As in w-body.com affordable :lol:

How much?

Jamie

I still have to send out the dwg files to him and mark..

He gave me a rough estimate, This is for a quantity of...

Front, 20 peices - $30-$40 each

Rear, 20 peices - $100 each

Remember, these are rough estimates until I get him the final drawings..

I do have someone who will make me 1 full set for appx $350, but thats it, 1 set. I will be the only person with a set!!

Now if Mark can do a good price, then he can reproduce them.. But he cannot sell them for a profit. My design!

If he deems and there is enough interest, he could 'buy' the design from me, and sell as many as he wants. My price tag is 1 full set free... I could care less how much he makes off it if thats what ends up happening, all I want is 1 full set in return..

ok Jaime, sweet!! figured I could count on ya!!

emails were sent out to Mark with dwg files, and to the local company..

I asked for a complete quote on quantites of 10, 15, 20 each...

With 20 of each, we need 10 people to commit...

Im prety tired from work today, and I will prolly hear back with a final quote tomorrow, so I will start the group buy thread tomorrow..

Getting 10 people on board could be a little tricky... only a few come to mind that care enough about how their w-body handles to be bothered with something this extreme...

At that price I could probably sell Captain Ficho on it...

Jamie