Brake Upgrade Part Numbers?

The Burning Rom

Hey all...after I got done installing my new Powermaster III unit this weekend, I found out that my rear brakes are in pretty bad condition. Instead of replacing them with more crappy pre-94 brakes...and then upgrading them, I'm just gonna do the upgrade right now. I have most of the part numbers I need, but does anyone know the part numbers for these items:

-Rear Right Caliper and Bracket

-Rear Left Caliper and Bracket

-Brake cable bracket (Don't really feel like finding a donor car if I don't have to)

And I was also wondering if the 94+ cars had a shield around the back of the rotor like the pre-94s do? Thanks in advance for all the help! :D

• 3 years later...

Hey all...after I got done installing my new Powermaster III unit this weekend, I found out that my rear brakes are in pretty bad condition. Instead of replacing them with more crappy pre-94 brakes...and then upgrading them, I'm just gonna do the upgrade right now. I have most of the part numbers I need, but does anyone know the part numbers for these items:

-Brake cable bracket (Don't really feel like finding a donor car if I don't have to)

And I was also wondering if the 94+ cars had a shield around the back of the rotor like the pre-94s do? Thanks in advance for all the help! :D

The calipers and brackets are a lot cheaper if you buy them from a local auto parts store rather than a dealer. They are available at advanced auto parts.... they have just the brackets for $15ea.....

As far as I know the cable bracket is welded onto the underside of the car. I do not believe it is an item you can purchase seperately. From my understanding you have to chisel off the spot welds.....

Your question was answered correctly about the dust shield.... 94+ cars do not have them, and the old ones wont work. The way I see it, if it isn't there on the newer models it isn't neccessary.

I took the dust shields off my Cutlass w/ pre'-94 brakes... they were half rotted away and looked like trash behind my 5 spokes, and I haven't noticed a different in anything since taking them off.

When I did the rear brake upgrade to my 92 cutlass, I just bought a new pair of "semi-loaded calipers". (The diffrence between semi-loaded & standard pair was like $5)

They came with evrything I needed. Except the bolts to mount them to the hub. To much hassle with old stuff from the wreckers.

Although the bolts to mount and the brake cable bracket I did pick-up @ the wreckers. the bracket is welded on. Even after gettting off the bracket, I could find no numbers on it.