sia electronics PMIII parts

Garrett Powered

just letting everyone know that thinks their accumulator might go in the next few years. as you know if you have tried shopping for these and noticed something...the grand national guys have been having problems sourcing accums as well for the older powermasters. so don't wait until next week to call Kevin at sia, he gave me the $125 price on two accumulators and I put them on my credit card but I guess the price may ALREADY BE $250 so tell him you are calling back about a quote you got for $125.

I also bought a complete power master III on ebay for $375 even though I don't need it because this is probably the lowest price in history for one and made an investment for the future. others want to convert to vacuum but I have had this ABS system save my ass from crashing the whip so I am kind of partial to it. besides the vacuum system that I own in my white grand prix has like half of the stopping power of the cars with PMIII. maybe its just because it has a weak master cylinder...I'm not sure yet. I was just looking into swapping over a car to vacuum and for all the effort decided against it.

so it's good news we have a source for PM III parts again but bad news the prices will not be cheap for very long. I will post pics later of my parts when they arrive.

But anyway the next two auctions after today are starting the bid at $500 for the PMIII. I doubt anyone will even be bidding on them I just took that as an indication that the $375 is a sale price that basically ends today.

Wow, good finds there. It will definitely be interesting to see what some people do when their PMIII takes a long slow death on them and they are in trouble. Hell it's been what 3 years since we had our PMIII rebuilt and it was $700 from Prior or whatever they are called. Now if the parts are no longer made, they will be even more expensive. The next problem is not everyone will have the know-how and ability to swap to vacuum brakes. I know when our PMIII dies we'll be swapping to vacuum brakes, we will be using really good stuff though. I can totally understand where you come from on the vacuum brakes sucking. They sucked on BOTH Berettas we have and they are what at least 300lbs lighter. Obviously they make brakes that are killer now days, my TL weighs probably around they same as the TGP and it'll stop on a dime compared to the TGP. Amazing what nice Brembo brakes will do compared to a 14 years older system :lol:

I wasn't the one who found out about sia, but have been looking for accumulators for awhile.

found out today that the 2 accumulators I thought I bought and had coming in the mail for $125 a piece are not being sent. Kevin left a message on my cell phone saying his boss told him no way and they will not sell them for less than $250 each. what a dick. I'm still going to buy one though. nobody else has one ..so really, what choice do I have? :lol: at least there is someone better than richard prior trying to sell a completely obsolete abs system for almost a grand. damn crackhead. :mrgreen:

I think I paid $865+shipping for my prior unit 6 years ago which the accumulator was bad on when I got it, so if I get a good new one along with another accumulator for close to $650 shipped then I should hope I would be sitting good for several years. we will see, if this works out well then I take back what I said.

I am glad they are at least available though because a lot of cars might have just been sent to the crusher or left out in a field somewhere because there is no brakes! over $1300 is unreasonable and what they cost IF you could find them for the last few years.

that must be old info. as of right now, the only dealership I could find with one said they retail at $395 but could do one for $271.50 and that was as low as they would go on it. kendall chevrolet where I know all the parts guys said they would sell one to me for $209 if they had one. they gave me 3 phone numbers but only this one worked: 1800-695-1311

that must be old info. as of right now, the only dealership I could find with one said they retail at $395 but could do one for $271.50 and that was as low as they would go on it. kendall chevrolet where I know all the parts guys said they would sell one to me for $209 if they had one. they gave me 3 phone numbers but only this one worked: 1800-695-1311

I just bought one from the local GM stealership... 185.38 with tax and they delivered it to me... :cool:

I ordered one as well, the part number was 88927271 accumulator $145.18, $0 tax, $30 shipping, $175.67 Total. Hope this happens for real and I don't find out later they are out of stock or something.

the PMIII got here today. pretty good deal considering I needed an accumulator, and basically got the entire unit for $200 extra. with all the wear and tear on the one in the Widow, was probably a good move. I bought a used one off a 150 k mile tgp that got parted out and ran it for about 3 years and 15k miles with a bad accumulator. :mrgreen: so I am just going to install this one on it right away and make sure it works since I got the warranty I got to start using anyway.

got some pics for the hell of it:

kdk_0009.jpgkdk_0008.jpgkdk_0007.jpgkdk_0006.jpg

looks pretty much brand new to me.

I don't know why I'm so excited, but I am. :mrgreen: feels like I saved a grand on something. even though I am a lot poorer now its good peace of mind.

• 3 weeks later...

sure enough the accumulator arrived at my door fedex delivered for $175. here it is.

cheaper than SIA and that crazy stealership I called :high5:

kdk_0025.jpg

• 1 month later...