• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AL

• swift13

• IRONDOG442

• no1kicker

The GP seats and the Intrigue seats aren't even in the same league, for one the Intrigue seat has a better lumbar support and a stronger frame. The Intrigues actually CAME factory with drive rand passenger side heat, the grain of the leather is about 100X better and stronger the stitching isn't as weak as the Pontiacs and the foam under the Oldsmobile is a shit ton firmer more dense and better quality. The Oldsmobile seat weighs about 7 pounds more per side as well. Just because your Regal currently has GP seats in it doesn't make the Pontiac seats any less inferior to the Oldsmobile's :rolleyes:

Sorry, they're junk, too.

They are both junk! Just the Oldsmobile leather is "not as bad" as the GP leather.

also who the hell sits around and weighs different seats?

Also did you end up making a dual switch bezel?

Thats still in the process... I am cutting two bezels and somehow making them stay together... Not sure how yet tho... Right now, they are both up through the one heated seat switch mount

They are both junk! Just the Oldsmobile leather is "not as bad" as the GP leather.

also who the hell sits around and weighs different seats?

People who have sold them on ebay and had to ship them out !

ok so i got the seat cover but mine has a rear pocket so no loss there, i also have the wiring but not all of it i got the relay and no switch yet. but basically to my understanding i can jump off the other switch's power to run the new switch?

Yah, There is one power wire going to the drivers seat and that t-s off into the many power seat motors and to the heated seat relay... All of the ground also t into one, you can steal from the power wire and ground... In fact, I t-ed all of my passenger seat grounds together and just ran one power and one ground under the console (I replaced my carpet at the same time)... I did not touch the fuse... As for the switch, you can steal the ignition power, light to light the switch up and the ground from the drivers switch, the other two wires are ran to the relay

Yah, There is one power wire going to the drivers seat and that t-s off into the many power seat motors and to the heated seat relay... All of the ground also t into one, you can steal from the power wire and ground... In fact, I t-ed all of my passenger seat grounds together and just ran one power and one ground under the console (I replaced my carpet at the same time)... I did not touch the fuse... As for the switch, you can steal the ignition power, light to light the switch up and the ground from the drivers switch, the other two wires are ran to the relay

No wonder why you called it easy wait til you read the rest of my installation procedure.

Its not tho, You splice 5 wires total and boom your done... The way I did it isnt the 100% recommended way but it works perfect and is alot easier... Remember, I didnt even touch the fuse... I wired in my heads up display using the same method and its working great also... Basically what I did is just put a drivers seat cover on and supply power to the relay and the switch using the power from the drivers seat relay and switch... I am curious why Rob says my way is harder and why the wiring is so bad? It took me 20 min to wire it in

• 3 months later...

I bet if you glued the two parts together while they were in the console, it would be easy to get the shape right. Then maybe some filler. I might try this project if my passengers are nice to me. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Its not tho, You splice 5 wires total and boom your done... The way I did it isnt the 100% recommended way but it works perfect and is alot easier... Remember, I didnt even touch the fuse... I wired in my heads up display using the same method and its working great also... Basically what I did is just put a drivers seat cover on and supply power to the relay and the switch using the power from the drivers seat relay and switch... I am curious why Rob says my way is harder and why the wiring is so bad? It took me 20 min to wire it in

I may have a couple questions for you since you seem good with 2nd gen's... How hard was wiring in the HUD? also, I want to add a heated driver's seat but Im not sure if the wiring is there already or if Im gonna have to run it all. Only reason I ask is because I replaced my 96 coupe with an 02 4dr SE last week and I dont know much about the 2nd gen's yet... thanks!

The wiring for the seat will not be there... Also, If you are good with wiring diagrams, Then hooking up the HID is easy... Just pull your gauge cluster and splice into the necessary wires... I will PM you a link that I used to help me... Trust me, the hardest part is cutting the hole in the dash