Passenger heated seat project - 2nd Gen GP

AL

I bought a pair of seats today to work together my passenger heated seat (94GPGTP, I still want yours)... I will get some pics of the seats and start on it Monday... When I am done, I will sell one and keep one... The ZZP kit is $225 for the stuff to make the swap possible... So far I have all the stuff I need and I have $150 into it. Seat will be $200 and comes with a non heated drivers seat... Will update Monday

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AL

• swift13

• IRONDOG442

• no1kicker

Does anyone know how to remove the handle that controls the reclining? I have almost the whole bottom cushion removed on both seats but cant get any farther until I remove that handle

Ok, its just a pin holding that handle in... And if anyone decides to attempt this... Make sure you have a 13mm Ratcheting wrench... It will cut hours off your time... Pics coming soon

Took off the track under the pass. seat, 4 13mm bolts which is where the ratcheting wrench comes in handy

DSC06306.jpg

DSC06307.jpg

The foam underneath (pass seat)

DSC06308.jpg

Bottom cover completely off/loose (pass seat)

DSC06315.jpg

Top cover completely loose (pass seat)

DSC06317.jpg

Where I am at on the drivers seat

DSC06316.jpg

Drivers seat back loose, you can see the wires to heat the seat

DSC06318.jpg

DSC06319.jpg

Drivers seat bottom completely loose

DSC06320.jpg

Drivers headrest off

DSC06321.jpg

Drivers back removed

DSC06322.jpg

Drivers and passengers back removed, ready to swap...

DSC06323.jpg

I have to make a hole in the passenger seat for the wires to come through and remove the bottoms tomorrow... I have all the wiring diagrams I need so far... I am also in the process of making the switch work with the factory holder... That will be interesting.

Well I got the heated cover on the passenger seat and the wires through a hole that was already there... I did notice that I wont have a rear seat pocket any more which is nothing major really... Well back to work... Pics later

Yah... The heater is sewn into the seat and in order to get it out, I would have to unsew the seat and resew it back together... I think switching the seat skins is the easiest way to go all though it wont be perfect, like not having the pocket in the passenger seat and there will be holes next to the console from the power seat controls but those will be out of site... The only thing I might have trouble with is the seat belt holder... I will have to unsew that and put it on the other side...

• 2 weeks later...

DONE!!!

Well I took the seats apart and put the heating element on the passenger seat and wired it in... I replaced my carpet today since I had everything out... It works great!! I didnt even need the 20 amp fuse... The 15 is doing fine... I still have to make the switch so right now its just hanging there...

Some pics

I debated about making a power seat and I decided I am gonna research it more... For now its just a manual seat...

DSC06349.jpg

DSC06348.jpg

The heater element connectors

DSC06347.jpg

Switches wired up

DSC06346.jpg

DSC06342.jpgDSC06343.jpg

Heated seat relay along with many misc items. I made sure there was enough slack in the wires so the seat could be moved all the way back.

DSC06345.jpg

The only thing left is to finish making the mounting pad.

jeremy if you have questions on the install, feel free to post them...

It was rather easy... The hardest part so far was taking the seat apart... There are roll pins that slide in and out... Once I figured out how to remove them, it was a cake walk... I slid the non heated cover off and slid the heated cover on... There is a belt holder that was on the wrong side now and all of the holes for the power switches are visible but the face the center console... I have to make 5 holes in it tho... 1 for lumbar, 2 for the clips that hold the side trim on, and 2 for the screws that hold that same trim on... The trim also covers up that seat belt holder pretty well... Its barely visible now...

• 6 months later...

Yes, I didnt touch the fuse at all... If you need any help doing this, go ahead and post here... All you need is an extra switch and a drivers heated seat with the wiring... Swap the seat skins, do the wiring which I can guide you through, and boom its done

The GP seats and the Intrigue seats aren't even in the same league, for one the Intrigue seat has a better lumbar support and a stronger frame. The Intrigues actually CAME factory with drive rand passenger side heat, the grain of the leather is about 100X better and stronger the stitching isn't as weak as the Pontiacs and the foam under the Oldsmobile is a shit ton firmer more dense and better quality. The Oldsmobile seat weighs about 7 pounds more per side as well. Just because your Regal currently has GP seats in it doesn't make the Pontiac seats any less inferior to the Oldsmobile's :rolleyes: