RedGTP LEDs project ! ** EXTERIOR DONE **

RedGTP

my front parking are done ! :D that's just AWESOME ! I LOVE the LED ! lol

I will take pic at night

it might be too late, but it would be very nice to compare them to a regular light bulb to see how bright they actually are. it is impossible to tell from the photos.

humm .. It's too late ... :( I have no bulb lights on the car... :( sorry... I will try to find another Cutlass or may-be with my GTP when go out of snow ... !

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RedGTP

• jake91

• z34mightymachine

• Crazy K

i can post up pics of my parking lights tomorrow

well i went out to take those pics and my camera died and i dont know where the charger is lol

haha ! no problemo ! :P nest time ...

Some new pics !!

All it's painted and sealed,

I have one side of my backup bar made !.. It's very long ... lol

Now .. I most find the flasher source signal, each side... not the pulse, but the 12V continue... maybe in the steering columb..?!? I will check in my Hayne's book... I need to take this 12V continue signal to put in my little circuit I made ....

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

paint :

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

I need one each side...

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

Little video

th_MVI_1436.jpg

the point is to compare a pre-mod light to a post mod LED light in the same picture to see how the brightness compares. the problem with many LEDs is they are not as bright as the bulbs they are supposed to replace. This is especially true with cheap LEDs, and I have many salvaged used units to try, and some are so dim they are junk.

Yanni, you still have the light bulbs attached to the car? hold up the led light next to a regular bulb and take a picture to compare!

I have the light .. but it's impossible to check because on my tail light... no more room to put the light .. and it's paint in black ... all my lense are painted ... but last night I have tried my front parking .. and it's little bit more bright of stock light ... I think .. lol

F**K ... I can't make my sequential flasher ... I need 12V continue went my flasher is On ... but the w-body have a flasher relay BEFORE the circuit ... it's impossible to take 12volts continue when I put flasher left or right ...

grrrrrr ... It will was only a long flasher light bar :cry:

Could you not wire it up on a new circuit using the stock signal switch? seems like for the amount of work you have into the project its a small price to pay... that and they look freakin awesome!

Jamie

no I have search 1 hour to find a possibility.. but it's just impossible :(...

I have put this in normaly flasher ... :( but .. the look is very .. very nice !! lol I had take video ... I will edited it.. and post after ! :D

I'm guessing that you still need the flasher for the flashing function for the front turn signals right? Well, just find where the wiring splits after the flasher, for front turns and rear turns, and bypass the flasher with constant power from the turn signal switch with a diode so it doesn't backfeed to the fronts to make them stay on. I hope this makes sense.

I'm guessing that you still need the flasher for the flashing function for the front turn signals right? Well, just find where the wiring splits after the flasher, for front turns and rear turns, and bypass the flasher with constant power from the turn signal switch with a diode so it doesn't backfeed to the fronts to make them stay on. I hope this makes sense.

Was my problem, everything goes in the arm flasher, so impossible to play there to make something, I gave up, at the same time is not a police catcher... lol

hoo ! not bad not bad !!..

I thing the only problem if when I turn off my flasher ... it has a delay to off the rear flasher ...

humm .. I'll try it ! lol :P

Thanks !