wiring help now the pics are up

RobertISaar

I will do what I can... I dont have the factory service manual for a 92...

Wait! I just remembered a have a haynes manual for all years 88-96... Let me see what they show

haynes doesn't show anything, trust me the manual is sitting in front of me

yeah, thats the one i was talking about... i figured it was underhood, due to what looks like places for relays, but i wasn't sure

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobertISaar

• Brian P

• AL

• slick

Top Posters In This Topic

I will do what I can... I dont have the factory service manual for a 92...

Wait! I just remembered a have a haynes manual for all years 88-96... Let me see what they show

haynes doesn't show anything, trust me the manual is sitting in front of me

Correct. When it comes to any type of wiring, Haynes sucks. FSM is the only way to go.

Well I have Alldata access at school so do you want me to print off 91 and 92 c100... Maybe even 94 and 96?

hell, why not, i'm sure somebody could use them, if not for my benefit

everyone who was getting diagrams for me, you can relax, i obtained a copy of alldata and can get them myself, so you don't have to bother with them anymore...

i'll be going over them and will report what i find to this thread...

okay going through some of the things i could understand:

its definitely a harness from a 92, not a 93 as stated before

all the wires from the harness matched with the data from alldata with the exception of H5, which alldata doesn't list but the wire is present. from looking at the 93 harness info, i'm fairly sure its for cruise indicator: something i don't give a shit about, since i don't have or want cruise control.

on the monte harness h5 is occupied by CC switch on/off, so i don't have to worry about that wire, right?

and from comparing the diagrams i've determined that:

a2

a3

b1

c3

c4

d3

d4

d5

e2

f2

g2

h3

h4

j3

j4

are all exactly the same on both harnesses

now i just have to figure out what needs swapped, so far i've come up with H1 needing to be moved to J1, and i'm sure i'll be asking questions

and is CKT a way of being able to compare what the wires do?

Monte

FILE0065.jpg

FILE0066.jpg

Grand Prix

FILE0068.jpg

FILE0067.jpg

ok, using openoffice, i took everything that applied to me and put them in tables, for a few reasons, 1 being its a lot nicer to look at.

i've filled in all the blanks, and matched the wires that i could make sense of...

been looking at the lists for the past few days and came up with the question: am i going to have to remove the RS electrical center thats attached to the harness from the GP? i'm thinking a very likely yes but want confirmation.

and some of the pins don't really apply to me: anything related to CC, which there are 5, do i have to worry about them?

and the 3 that mention the theft deterent: refering to VATS, yes? i would love to keep it, even though the security light has been on for 2 straight years, and i believe i can modify settings within the tune that will allow me to turn it off entirely, or give it more tolerance, due to the VATS input frequency settings, right?

i also find it odd that the GP harness has no mention of theft deterent at all. didn't certain W's start getting VATS around 90?

god this is confusing.... what else am i going to have to repin?

i've been talking with bszopi on 60* and realized i was making a lot more work for myself than necessary.......... essentially all the information gathered thus far has been pointless. i'm sorry to those that have helped out and this thread will be pointless after another question or two...

i'm assuming there are differences between the 92 and 95 4t60-e.... but will this PCM work with my 95 tranny or am i going to have to get a 92? i'm asking because i keep reading things about line pressure being controlled by the PCM. i don't know if the 95 PCM does control it or not and if the 92 PCM controls it or not? or should i stop worrying about it because it doesn't apply to me or what?

i'll have a new thread up soon titled OBD1.5--->OBD1 conversion(as long as the tranny issue is solved). hopefully i can detail it enough to become a sticky.

btw, the reason why this was all pointless: i would have to change shit everywhere if i went this route. the new plan: making an adapter to use the existing harness and use male 95 PCM plugs, a short length of wiring, then female 93 PCM plugs............... thus being a very damn short route to accomplishing what i'm looking for.