wiring help now the pics are up

RobertISaar

feel free to comment on the other things that got caught in the pictures. i have about no floor space left and it was getting dark outside.

FILE0001.jpg

FILE0002.jpg

FILE0003.jpg

FILE0004.jpg

FILE0005.jpg

FILE0006.jpg

FILE0007-1.jpg

FILE0008.jpg

FILE0009-1.jpg

FILE0010-1.jpg

FILE0011.jpg

FILE0012.jpg

FILE0014.jpg

FILE0015.jpg

FILE0016-1.jpg

FILE0017-1.jpg

FILE0018-1.jpg

FILE0019-1.jpg

FILE0020-1.jpg

FILE0021-1.jpg

FILE0022-1.jpg

FILE0023-1.jpg

FILE0024-1.jpg

FILE0025.jpg

FILE0026.jpg

FILE0027.jpg

FILE0028.jpg

FILE0029.jpg

FILE0030.jpg

FILE0031.jpg

FILE0032.jpg

FILE0033.jpg

FILE0034.jpg

FILE0035.jpg

FILE0036.jpg

FILE0037.jpg

FILE0038.jpg

FILE0039.jpg

i tried to get as detailed as i could to try and make it easy on everybody that knows what they're talking about:

i've labeled as many sensors/connections as possible that i could positively identify according to the haynes manual, any help figuring out what the rest are would be very appreciated.

the PCM and Fuse and firewall pass-thru don't need any explaination but are included for refrence. i have put tags that i made out of masking tape(i know, i are fancy) on the ones that i'm certain are right and i tried to get the name on all of the ones in the pics. it would be really helpful if someone could confirm them for me, but its not necessary

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobertISaar

• Brian P

• AL

• slick

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, what are you attempting?

And, I surely hope that the carpet that you were taking these pictures on wasn't in your garage or house or something. All the crap and junk piled on it, disgusting.

i'll try and explain: i'm going to be converting the 95 monte to obd1(preferably soon) and i don't want to do a hack job of it. i want to make it look somewhere between professionaly done and factory installed. i'm not sure which plugs go to which sensors and am asking for help determining the ones that i haven't already identified.

the harness(from what i was told) was from a 93 GTP. it came with the PCM that matches it perfectly, so i have no reason to doubt it(got it from blackbombshell95 over on 60*). i'm not sure of the ICM location on the 3.4 so i figured i might have to lengthen those wires, not a big deal, but i just need to know what is what.

and is white castle/boots/sandpaper/turbo really that horrible to have in a living room? having to fix a lot of stuff at once in a trailer left me with about no room to properly store things

Why are you going backwards with your computer??? For much better tuning, you want to go forwards.

i like obd1: its very simple for me to understand... that and tunerpro is nice

and there's pretty much no support for obd2 without spending shit-tons of money that isn't necessary with obd1.

you can tune much better one OBDII and HPtuners support OBDII. and its not a shit load of money either.

HPT is $400 minimum and if i run out of credits i gotta spend $50 a piece for those.

TP is free, can deal with as many vehicles as i want(as long as there is a definition) and a chip burner is $85 adapter is (i think)$40, and i'm golden.

i'm not going to be arrogant and say that there is no advantage to a obd2/HPT setup, but for what i'm looking to do, OBD1/TP is great for me. that and bank switching would be great for me, as i'm always looking to try new stuff to make improvements

and i forgot the price i would have to pay just to get all of the obd2 equipment, whereas i have a PCM/harness from a 93 GTP just sitting here

on a related note: http://www.eficonnection.com

can i try to use the pictures of their products to determine what sensor/connection i'm dealing with, are they similar enough?

seems like no one wants to bite anymore...

allright, in all honesty what would i be looking at spending to convert to obd2, what would i need?

i'll list everything that i've gotten ready for obd1 just for comparison:

owned/possesed

ECU/Harness: $60 (was missing 2 injector connections but oh, well)

Tunerpro (i'll pay mark for it eventually, but that'll be $30)

planned on buying

chip burner/adapter: $~120 +shipping

thats everything necessary and i'll be getting the same capability as an obd2 system, right? i could spend another~170 to use an emulator and real-time tune it but its not necessary...yet

I agree with what you state. I have everything except a uv eraser to start making OBD 1 chips myself.

most of the sensor are the same, and the ecm is only moved maybe 6 inches in a 93 3.4 vs a 94 or 95 car as well.

basically, everything isw the same on the motor, except the addition of two sensors, which are the crank sensor(at the crank pulley) and the cam sensor in the front top head.

I agree with what you state. I have everything except a uv eraser to start making OBD 1 chips myself.

most of the sensor are the same, and the ecm is only moved maybe 6 inches in a 93 3.4 vs a 94 or 95 car as well.

basically, everything isw the same on the motor, except the addition of two sensors, which are the crank sensor(at the crank pulley) and the cam sensor in the front top head.

when you say addition, do you mean its something the 1.5 has that the obd1 doesn't, right? the PCM from the GTP doesn't care about the cam sensor, right?(because its not SFI)

crank sensor... i'm not sure what you mean there? is it something the older PCM has the the newer one doesn't or is it reversed

finally, someone who thinks i'm not crazy

when you say addition, do you mean its something the 1.5 has that the obd1 doesn't, right? the PCM from the GTP doesn't care about the cam sensor, right?(because its not SFI)

crank sensor... i'm not sure what you mean there? is it something the older PCM has the the newer one doesn't or is it reversed

I never said you weren't crazy!

the obd 1.5 uses two sensors that the obd 1 doesn't use. so it is "downward compatible".

I never said you weren't crazy!

the obd 1.5 uses two sensors that the obd 1 doesn't use. so it is "downward compatible".

that's what i thought, just making sure... aren't the coils for a 3.4 in front of the motor rather than behind like my 3100?

i guess i spoke too soon about the insanity part...

aren't the coils for a 3.4 in front of the motor rather than behind like my 3100?

yes they are

so i'm gonna have to lengthen the power lead, something i expected to do(thanks for the verification). anything else anyone could see that i would/might need to consider?

Do you have the tech manuals (or printouts from automotive software like mitchell on-demand) that show the pinouts to the firewall connector? I know you'll need to lengthen some wires, and change some others (like the tranny) but the firewall connector was different almost yearly.

Well let me clarify... It depends what year 3.4 your using... On my 91 and 93, the coils are in the front... I saw on a 97 Z34 that they were on top of the belts

i'm not using a 3.4, original 3100 for now.

Do you have the tech manuals (or printouts from automotive software like mitchell on-demand) that show the pinouts to the firewall connector? I know you'll need to lengthen some wires, and change some others (like the tranny) but the firewall connector was different almost yearly.

about the only refrence i have for wiring is my crappy ass haynes manuals, 1 for the monte and 1 for the GP

What motor is the PCM/Harness for? Sounds like it's from a 3.4L car and you are planning on using it in a 3.1L car, correct?

from a 3.4DOHC, being transferred to a 95 3100

i don't suppose anybody has a diagram for this?

I can get the '95 ones from my book. I won't have access to it until thursday at least though.

sounds great. just for future refrence: what book?