Front suspension needs help!!!

karrkrazzie

i have had an occasion where a 4t60 axle was attempted to be installed in place of a 4t60e axle, and that COULD be the issue you have... if you have the wrong axle. the axles are identical except for the length is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch too long. being AZ, you could have the wrong part in a box, OR been given the wrong part.

CAN YOU ASSEMBLE THE STRUT INTO POSITION WITHOUT THE CV SHAFT IN PLACE?

Funny you should say that... Must have been what autozone fucked up... I took it back to compare and the one they gave me was too long... So i wasted all the time of taking the spring out and having to put it back in... but i am not too dissapointed because I really didnt know how, and now I do... Not to mention i dont know all the stuff you guys do so i didnt know what to all take into consideration. I have everything back together except the brake stuff and the tie rod end... It all went pretty smooth and i really learned a lot so from hear to the end of this project it should be easy sailing.

Just finished it up this morning... everything is perfect and it is all aligned and ready to go.... Another little thing that I thought was interesting. The new shaft that I got came with a new nut... however there was supposed to be a washer that goes behind the nut... The existing washer was attached to the old nut... Kind of stupid.

The new shaft that I got came with a new nut... however there was supposed to be a washer that goes behind the nut... The existing washer was attached to the old nut... Kind of stupid.

that is unusual. Normally the washer and nut are separate. You might be looking at a cheap replacement nut... I have seen some aftermarket nuts that are too thin, IMO. the factory one is nice and thick, about 3/8ths IIRC? do you need some OEM ones?

I think we need to sticky the cv joint issue because i have run into that problem numerous times, you can push in on that strut all you want but you will never get it in. Nice job ken. They will try to tell you it is the correct one even though it is not short enough

It is extremely easy to tell the difference visually.... The part between the rubber protectors is like an inch shorter on the right shaft... I was just too stupid to hold them up next to each other right away to make sure they were the sam

it should suffice to just think to yourself, every time you are replacing a part with a new one. take the old one off, compare it with the new one and if everything is gravy, then proceed.