Worst case scenario

dodgethis

Hey guys, I wanted everyone's opinion on this.

When i had changed my front rotors and pads it has been working great. The only thing i wonder about is when i slam on the brakes. The deal is is when i was coming home from school. I had started to break really hard and it did fine but right after the wheels come to a stop i hear like a pop noise. It sounds like its coming from the driver side. I assume its possibly either the 2 t-60 bolts "might" have came loose, or one of the 13mm bolts that hold the caliper on the bracket. I think I might be paranoid about all of this. I know i had made damn sure my shit was tight on there. I even put some anti seize on there to help keep the resistance low the next time i change brakes. I mean wost case scenario if none of it was not tight enough i should have had issue along time ago. I have driving with new rotors and pads for at least 5,000 miles. I know i would have noticed something wrong.

What ya'll think? Needless to say to ease my paranoia i will pull the driver side tire off while jacked and check the bolts.

Other than that she brakes just fine with no problems.

Are the pads sitting in the caliper brackets properly? On my 96, and on that car only, they need to be wiggled in because the brackets are worn. If they are not, they make a knocking noise.

But I'd bet it's just the bolts, just give them a quick re-tightening.

Are the pads sitting in the caliper brackets properly? On my 96, and on that car only, they need to be wiggled in because the brackets are worn. If they are not, they make a knocking noise.

But I'd bet it's just the bolts, just give them a quick re-tightening.

Yea man i know the pads locked over the tab so it don't think that could be it. This might be a stupid question but was there a certain torque requirement for the caliper bolts and caliper bracket?

One time i was hearing a light popping noise every time my car rebounded from coming to a stop. The next day at the end of a 300 mile trip, I found out. The sound was my wheel shifting around on my hub and I lost a wheel stud.

Before you take your wheel off, check how tight the lug nuts are. You'd probably wanna take it off and check the caliper bolts to be sure, but thats also a possiblility.

I also heard a loud pop once my wheel stud finally gave way. And I've also lost a wheel stud from hard braking. Both of these were from the same hub. Needless to say I am paranoid about having tight lug nuts now. :lol:

Just go out there and look! You probably lost one of the bolts. It happened to my Regal. As far as torque, I just tighten the shit out of them laugh

Guys thanks for your thoughts on this. I just went out there and checked under the car. I just turned the wheels and didn't jack it up or anything. The bolts are on there tight and i checked them with my fingers. I trust they are not going anywhere. I guess i was paranoid.

This is just a paranoia thread. Thread closed/Deleted :lol: