00 gtp fuel injector

carpesignum

so i have a code that says FI #3 has an open circuit.

i took it in for the front valve cover recall (why i dident do it my self i do not know) well it fell off when he was putting it on... few days later i go back and have them do it again. this time they tell me my wires and coils are bad and if i dont get them replaced they cant be held liable for the vehicle running rough(they wanted like 1200$).

its been running rough since about 2 days after i brought it back and now i have a missfire from the fuel injector and there's oil all over the top of my LIM.

/end rant about dealers

my understanding is that i need to pop my alt off then take out a few bolts for the fuel rail and swap the injectors? anything to watch out for? i plan on replacing the rear valve cover gasket, anything else i should do while im in there?

1 - what fell off?

2 - check the injector connections/ or take it back and tell them to fix whatever they fucked up, since it didnt run bad before you brought it in(or was it?).

3 - they shouldnt even be testing your coils/wires when performing a recall. with fixing a recall, they want to spend as little time on your car as possible since they are losing money with every minute.

4 - oil on the LIM is normal IIRC.

5 - $1200 for coils and wires is fuckin ridiculous.

1 - what fell off?

2 - check the injector connections/ or take it back and tell them to fix whatever they fucked up, since it didnt run bad before you brought it in(or was it?).

3 - they shouldnt even be testing your coils/wires when performing a recall. with fixing a recall, they want to spend as little time on your car as possible since they are losing money with every minute.

4 - oil on the LIM is normal IIRC.

5 - $1200 for coils and wires is fuckin ridiculous.

I don't think he actual dealer is losing money. In Suzuki land Suzuki Canada reimburses the dealership when they put in a claim.

the front valve cover gasket fell off the valve cover when they were replacing it the 1st time...

it wasent running bad but they pulled the wires off the coil to replace the VCG and the coil had some rust on it. they said because it was bad they cant be held responsable for it running rough later. (half bs but since they do a piss poor job at working on cars ide rather fix it myself.)

if the vehicle goes in for a recall GM reimburses the dealer. however if they mess it up the mechanic has to fix it on his time.

they said like 2.5hrs at 125hr then parts for the wires and plugs, then some bs amount for the coils.

im done with the dealers from now on. i had a 97 N body that went in for a bushing in the power stearing and came out BAD (over 4" of play in the stering wheel without turning the wheels. the wheels would jump back and forth between the stop points when i was on the highway... they got it down to about 2 inches and the vehicle was totaled about 2 months after that...)

anyways theres a little oil in my FI where the connector attaches, im gunna get some break cleaner and some RTV tommorow, blow it out and seal it good.