automatic head lights (some info for those interested on pg.2)

jake91

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jake91

• ManicMechanic

• Night Fury

• kwk39018

i believe it was 94

I believe that is correct...

I love cars that have DRLs... Makes them easier to see on dreary days, IMHO... Especially when it a silver/white/tan car because when they get dirty (salt FTL...), they don't stand out as much on a dark day and are a lot easier to miss without the DRLs to grab your attention..

Yep, I completely agree. I want DRLs on mine too. Most importantly, they give me peace of mind because my car is more visible to other drivers. Always gotta watch out for the other guy. It doesn't matter how good a driver you think you are, a lot of times whether you get into a wreck or not is due to someone else's driving.

agreed. out here in arizona people cant drive. my dad came down here from il last week, and couldnt believe all the idiots on the road out here. in one day only driving 40 miles. i had 3 people cut me off, 1 pull out in front of me, 1 start laying on there horn at me because they are ready to go at a light that is still red, and we also saw 3 wreaks that day. most people out here should have their drivers licenses revoked :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly:

I would love to get the OEM stuff from a Canadian Cutlass, but never found anyone that could get it to me.

This was one of my planned projects too...

So Canadian members, I know one of my clusters (I think the tach one) for my S10 has a DRL light...Anyone want to see if they can find a DRL module and all for a 1991 S10?

My 1990 Lumina has both DRLs and Auto lights. Odd that a supposed higher model car wouldn't have them lol

GM was late in Canada at instituting the DRL.

I think that Ford jumped on board right away and GM waited until they were forced.

My 1993 Cutlass Supreme (Canadian through and through) did NOT have DRL on it. I think that the year it was made mandatory was 1994 or 1995.

American first gen w bodies never had DRLs.

late '95-97 Cutlass Supreme?

My friend's 1996 sedan did not have DRLs. I thought it might have been a 1995, she surprised me by saying it was a 1996 - this was before I really got in to W bodies. I looked at a 1997 coupe for Buck awhile back, it did not have DRLs.

Taylor's 1995 coupe is the only first gen W that I have seen in the US with DRLs, but he added them. lol

I would love to get the OEM stuff from a Canadian Cutlass, but never found anyone that could get it to me.

This was one of my planned projects too...

So Canadian members, I know one of my clusters (I think the tach one) for my S10 has a DRL light...Anyone want to see if they can find a DRL module and all for a 1991 S10?

GM was late in Canada at instituting the DRL.

I think that Ford jumped on board right away and GM waited until they were forced.

My 1993 Cutlass Supreme (Canadian through and through) did NOT have DRL on it. I think that the year it was made mandatory was 1994 or 1995.

DRL's were made mandatory in Canada in 1992. Every 1990 Cavalier Z24 that I've owned (and seen) has had them, and my '93 GP has DRL/autolamps. :wink: J-body's had DRL standard starting in 1992, as per the law.

what is that??

Same thing as auto headlights.

Yeah, it had a neat little dial that let you set what darkness level the headlights should come on with. It was especially nice for tunnels and bridge lower levels.

what is that??

Same thing as auto headlights.

Yeah, it had a neat little dial that let you set what darkness level the headlights should come on with. It was especially nice for tunnels and bridge lower levels.

Also the Olds Toronado has it....I like it! I also would want to add it to a car that dosn't have it. I am very forgetful when it comes to things such as lights. If i can see the road, 9 x's outta 10 im not gonna turn my lights on....so yea LOL