automatic head lights (some info for those interested on pg.2)

jake91

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jake91

• ManicMechanic

• Night Fury

• kwk39018

GM used to sell a kit. It was a cheapy, sensor was hard-wired to the brain box and so was the harness. No connectors to disconnect anything. I bought the kit, never installed it, and can't find where I stashed it. I would love to get the OEM stuff from a Canadian Cutlass, but never found anyone that could get it to me.

I would like both auto headlights and DRL. It's not really because I'm lazy, I never actually turn on the lights and think, "oh man I hate pushing this switch". I just want it because I love gadgets. Any kind of automation is cool to me.

Well i bought a kit bout a month about ago that give you auto lights think i paid 35 for it its made by DEI think its 545t or sumthing. I haven't installed it yet so can't tell how good it works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FDirected-Electronics-545T-Nite-Lite-System%2Fdp%2FB000CJ24YY%2Fref%3Dpd_bbs_2%3Fie%3DUTF8%26amp%3Bs%3Dautomotive%26amp%3Bqid%3D1208225006%26amp%3Bsr%3D8-2&tag=5336116682-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

Being that it's from DEI, it is probably pretty good stuff. Probably something that I would add to the TGP, since it is cheap enough.

Install looks pretty simple too. Constant 12V+, Ignition (so that it doesn't turn on at night, when your car is off), and Ground. Then 3 more wires- Constant wire for headlamp/parking lamp switch, parking lamp wire, headlamp wire.

Another cool feature, and something that newer cars have with this OEM. You can hook it up to your wipers, to where if you turn your wipers on, it will turn on the headlamps automatically as well.

Should be a very simple install.

The Bonneville had the window/wiper feature. It was nice to have because legally you are supposed to turn them on in rain or any other kind of weather. It's not the type of thing that you would probably get pulled over for, but it is still nice to have.

I would love to get the OEM stuff from a Canadian Cutlass, but never found anyone that could get it to me.

This was one of my planned projects too...

So Canadian members, I know one of my clusters (I think the tach one) for my S10 has a DRL light...Anyone want to see if they can find a DRL module and all for a 1991 S10?

im with 3.1lumina i dont like them on my 98 gtp. i tend to sit in lots alot and have the car running with the heat and radio so i dont like the drls.

and not to thread jack this but can someone explain how to disable this annoyance or pm me please

im with 3.1lumina i dont like them on my 98 gtp. i tend to sit in lots alot and have the car running with the heat and radio so i dont like the drls.

and not to thread jack this but can someone explain how to disable this annoyance or pm me please

If you're sitting in parking lots, just push in the parking brake... That will make the DRLs turn off...

i have info so this thread is yours :lol:

thank you so very much my vert brother :high5:

If you're sitting in parking lots, just push in the parking brake... That will make the DRLs turn off...

i did not know that obviously and i would still like to disable them cuz i dont like them on during the day. im OCD so i dont like anything on that doesnt need to be and i heard that bulbs can dim over usage so anything i can do to make the last longer even though i they need to be replaced right now.

I would love to get the OEM stuff from a Canadian Cutlass, but never found anyone that could get it to me.

This was one of my planned projects too...

So Canadian members, I know one of my clusters (I think the tach one) for my S10 has a DRL light...Anyone want to see if they can find a DRL module and all for a 1991 S10?

GM was late in Canada at instituting the DRL.

I think that Ford jumped on board right away and GM waited until they were forced.

My 1993 Cutlass Supreme (Canadian through and through) did NOT have DRL on it. I think that the year it was made mandatory was 1994 or 1995.

i believe it was 94

I believe that is correct...

I love cars that have DRLs... Makes them easier to see on dreary days, IMHO... Especially when it a silver/white/tan car because when they get dirty (salt FTL...), they don't stand out as much on a dark day and are a lot easier to miss without the DRLs to grab your attention..

swift, pull the DRL fuse in your glove compartment fusebox, problem solved.

88red, pushing the e-brake does not shut them off, however pushing the e-brake in when the car is off and then starting it will prevent them from coming on until the e-brake is fully released

Yah really, at least in my 99 GPSE thats how it was cause I didnt like my drls so I would push the e-brake and they would stay on so I just shut the car off and turned it back on and they would be off.