1989 3.1 Regal Heater core leak

jpolster2005

Ok. So My 1989 regal heater core is leaking, you can see it evaporating in the car and everything. Using ALOT Of antifreeze. I have NO money at all becuase i just paid rent, and my fiance needs to get to work. I want to bypass the heater core. I found a line coming out of the top of the water pump, turning into a metal line, and its on the passenger side going into the firewall. Where is the other heater core line? I just wanted to bypass it under the hood. Can i do this? if not, how exactly do i get to the heater core in the car. I need to do this fast before sunday at least. any help?

What i need to know is this: I see the heater core return line, but where is the line that feeds the heater core? I need to loop the system and i cannot find and dont know where to look for it. its a 3.1 mPFI

Its not about ease of replacement, i am looking at the heater core right now. I figured out that you have to take that weather striping off, remove the black "firewall" and the heater hoses are right behind it, close together. just connect them with something, and youll be good to go. no heat now!

unless you are in South Cali right now... You're nuts!!!

tip: if you have an OEM heater core, it will have black tabbed retainers holding both pipes to the core itself. go to your nearest JY and locate the newest gen 1 or 1.5 car... and bust open the hvac box. if the J/Y heatercore has the same black tabbed retainers (and looks good), snap them free and take it home.

a new heater core is cheap enough to pick up, but cannot be quick installed using the method above.

Im not nuts, just dirt poor, living paycheck to paycheck. You have no idea how tempting it was to steal someones credit card number at work, and use it to get a cash advance in paypal to pay for this repair. I just kept thinking.... jail isnt worth being warm, jail isnt worth being warm. I just bundle up extra nice

it's tough to get to, but both hoses are next to each other vertically, next to the brake master cylinder/booster assembly. The inlet runs along the firewall, the outlet heads towards the engine.