Wierd Weird Window Leak! Help!!

91LuminaEuro

'91 Lumina Euro 2 door

Okay, so today me and two friends went to taco bell for lunch, and i was being a goofball and came up to a stop sign and stopped real quick.

However, my one friend was in the back seat on the pasenger side and when i id that, he said all kinds of water got all over his arm. So i did it again and he and the other passenger looked, and so did i (because it was an empty parking lot when i tested it) and when i stopped suddenly, all kinds of water came in from between then window and the plastic trim around the rear quarter window. A LOT of water.... is this a typical leak for a W?

My rear window used to drip, but i had it pulled and re-sealed 2 years ago.

Any ideas where the water could be coming from? I'm going to pull the trim out and have a look but i just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem before.

Thanks for the help guys!

There is a gasket which is the same piece as the black trim that goes around the outside, and the whole assembly is for a fact glued in. The urethane actually seals it ultimately, so it's probably dried up or cut somehow, or the pinch weld could be rusting.

Yeah, it was just weird because it was quite alot of water to come in, which makes me think its leaking somewhere and setting behind the trim and splashes out when i stop like that. I donno tho, im gonna pull it appart and take a look! My Trunk leaks too, but i completely re-sealed all of the body seams in the trunk, and i sealed the tail light bolts and the spoiler bolts. So i dono, my car has a knack for water leaks..

x3, but thats the only thing that doesnt leak all my whether striping is bad on my top. so when i wash it i have to dry the interior off, and my rear window weather striping doesnt even seal. so i have a half inch gap in between it and the window. just thank goodness i rarely ever rains here :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm maybe it's just a 1 gen Lumina thing?

Zing! :lol:

x3, but thats the only thing that doesnt leak all my whether striping is bad on my top. so when i wash it i have to dry the interior off, and my rear window weather striping doesnt even seal. so i have a half inch gap in between it and the window. just thank goodness i rarely ever rains here :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not trying to sound like a know-it-all, but don't worry about that. That "seal" isn't really the barrier for leaks. It does block most out, but isn't completely watertight. There is a bead of urethane that seals in this case also. The only reason I know this is because I had to cut out all of the windows on my silver Z I did last year in school. The gasket is somewhat for looks.

My 90 Lumina leaks water in the trunk through all the body seams. I've resealed but they are leaking again already lol. As far as the rear windows leaking I haven't heard of that as vrey common at all.

My 90 Lumina leaks water in the trunk through all the body seams. I've resealed but they are leaking again already lol. As far as the rear windows leaking I haven't heard of that as vrey common at all.

Now this topic is up and the more I think about it, every single 1st Gen Lumina I have ever come in contact with have had/has leaky trunks. Figures...

Hmmm maybe it's just a 1 gen Lumina thing?

Zing! :lol:

Not trying to sound like a know-it-all, but don't worry about that. That "seal" isn't really the barrier for leaks. It does block most out, but isn't completely watertight. There is a bead of urethane that seals in this case also. The only reason I know this is because I had to cut out all of the windows on my silver Z I did last year in school. The gasket is somewhat for looks.

Yes, I believe it's called a "reveal moulding". My Z34 was missing this piece along the top of the windshield, and it never leaked a drop, just looked like hell.