90- 94 Lumina Dash Top

HuffDaddy

Okay; I got my shippment from Crutchfield on Friday and front 4x6"'s were part of the deal. Now I can not pull my dash top and reinstall in the same condition. Out came a towel, an iron with full steam setting, 12 spring clamps and 2 tubes of Automotive GOOP Contact Adhesive.I am still not finished but the stereo sounds great (although I need subs ASAP) but the dash is 100% better than it was. It is not perfect but it was soo F$%^&D up to begin with anything is a welcome improvement. I had to work on 5 inches at a time but it was/is worth it. The defroster vent, speaker cups, middash, and front lip were BADLY BADLY warped shrunken and brittle, thank GOD for heat and steam! I stretched and glued it close to normal and am pretty happy with the outcome. If nothing else a dash cap will fit better.

My dash pad is fucked as well. It warped in the normal spot around the defrost but GM dealer did something to it and glued it back down a few years ago. They also "fixed" the issue of the bottom of the pad coming loose and blocking the view of the guages. All they did was install about 50 screws under the pad to hold it all up lol. It's really hacked to shit but looked half okay I guess.

I will post pics when I get the time, I am still finishing the part closest to where the dash meets the windshield; the previous owner left it peeled up for so long it actually shrunk pretty bad in spots! The steam and constant gradual stretching is getting it there.