Buying a 94 CUTTY CONV.- Need help

dohc v6

I am going to pick it up probably early this week. It needs the general, brakes, shocks, etc. But I am not familar with the top. I was wondering what you guys pay for the tops for these cars. It looks like the top is in good condition but the rear glass is falling off and the weather stripping around the top and doors is completely shot. Is there a place where I can get all this stuff from. The next question is what is a good price for one of these cars. The place wanted 3999$, but he said that he will do $2500 cash, is this a goood deal??

• 3 weeks later...

Like oldscsc said. As for the weatherstripping, there are a couple threads on here about alternatives for the rear quarter window sweeps. As for the rest, it's pretty much being at the junk yard at the right time. I've come across several verts in the last few months. Seems as if any of it was good enough to reuse, it was already gone. Just have to be patient. Probably won't find it all on one car, unless you're really lucky, but a piece or two here and there.