Hey- New Member- New to W-Body would love advice.

dreadbel

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dreadbel

• ManicMechanic

• Night Fury

• IRONDOG442

Sweet, another w-boy in the area,

I was advice to get an acdelco(GMC), they are harder to find. dont know why

Can you keep a look out for door parts and left rear light

Thank you

Thank you

Harold's up in Lampasas has a 1990 International 2 door with everything but HUD. :D

Austin Express on COngress has a couple of newer CS coupes.

East End in Del Valle has quite a few CSs as well.

I can go with you if you want to hit up either. The owner of East End and myself are good friends.

Try some of the AC delco stores in town, there is one on Burnet I think and one in Cedar Park.

Thank you

Harold's up in Lampasas has a 1990 International 2 door with everything but HUD. :D

Austin Express on COngress has a couple of newer CS coupes.

East End in Del Valle has quite a few CSs as well.

I can go with you if you want to hit up either. The owner of East End and myself are good friends.

Try some of the AC delco stores in town, there is one on Burnet I think and one in Cedar Park.

When i get this bucket running, I will go.

any one ever try the Ultima Alternators, they are cheap, i read some where they where own by AC delco

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys and girls. it has been a while I still cannot get the cutlass to run.

it will crank but won't start. i had to start for a few tries but then the rpm's will slowly go down then it will die. after a few more it would not start. It has a newly installed gas pump. you can here it when you turn the ignition.

i am thinking fuel filter my be the problem, i have not dealt with the fuel filter(i don't won't to blow something up)

i am at the verge of selling it, sell for enough for the new parts and paint job.... if only i knew what was wrong.

i am going to give another wack at it.

so if any one in the area want my baby and has more patience... i got it here from Dallas to georgetown, about a 3 hour drive. yeah so close :confused:

I hope you find the problem... the same thing is going on with my car... If you hold onto it till I figure out the problem, I will let you know so your not throwing a bunch of parts at it.

Welcome to the site!

You're giving up on this too easily. From the sounds of it, you haven't investigated/looked into the problem too much. First of all, you need to determine if it's an electrical problem, or a fueling problem. Have you tested to see if it's getting spark? If you're getting spark, move on to fuel. If not, start looking into the coils and ignition control module. Most parts stores will check these for free for you, and it is very common for these to go out as any GM motor ages. If those are OK, I'd suspect the crank position sensor next. For that, I'd just replace it. They're pretty cheap (maybe $15?), and even if it's not bad now, you're probably going to need one soon enough anyway if it hasn't been replaced.

Spray some starter fluid into the intake, and see if it starts. If it starts with that, you know it's a fueling problem (new injectors and pump is not a guarantee that those aren't the problem by any means, especially if they're aftermarket, and not genuine GM parts). Check the fuel pressure. If there is a problem with the pressure, pull the vacuum hose off the fuel pressure regulator, and see if any fuel is leaking out. If there is, the diaphragm inside the fuel pressure regulator is punctured, and you need a new one (very common). If the FPR is fine, then chances are the pump is bad, or weak. If the fuel pressure is fine, check the resistance on all the injectors.

If the spark AND fuel check out fine, then I'd look at the computer. You can snag one cheap from a junkyard, swap them out, and see what happens.

hey guys and girls. it has been a while I still cannot get the cutlass to run.

it will crank but won't start. i had to start for a few tries but then the rpm's will slowly go down then it will die. after a few more it would not start. It has a newly installed gas pump. you can here it when you turn the ignition.

i am thinking fuel filter my be the problem, i have not dealt with the fuel filter(i don't won't to blow something up)

i am at the verge of selling it, sell for enough for the new parts and paint job.... if only i knew what was wrong.

i am going to give another wack at it.

so if any one in the area want my baby and has more patience... i got it here from Dallas to georgetown, about a 3 hour drive. yeah so close :confused:

You want me to come over and help you tackle it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, been a while since i was on.

The Cutlass is still running, barely. Transmission and one of the spark plugs pop out.

Happy late Thanks Giving

Wow the tranny popped out.

The Cutlass is still running, barely. Transmission and one of the spark plugs pop out.

Happy late Thanks Giving

Two things this guy is either:

1. French Canadian

2. Retarded

Only you can be the judge !!

Happy late Thanks Giving

Wow the tranny popped out.

no no tranny is having some problems with third gear,

one of the Sparks in the back came out while i was driving

sorry for the miss understanding