Hey- New Member- New to W-Body would love advice.

dreadbel

Sometimes... for a first car... You should stick with what you have and mod it a bit.

3.1 mpfi+

94-95 1.6 ratio rockers

maybe stiffer valve springs?

a BEN chip

custom exhaust

cold air intake/K&N filter?

it would be an excellent driver and very reliable.

sometimes... reliability > HP

I often see and think that when someone gets their first car... they shouldn't be thrown in to the type of car that oozes raw horsepower. get used to that first... before moving up.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dreadbel

• ManicMechanic

• Night Fury

• IRONDOG442

I often see and think that when someone gets their first car... they shouldn't be thrown in to the type of car that oozes raw horsepower. get used to that first... before moving up.

I do agree with you, I didn't suggest the swap...I just simply said if you are going to do one make it worth the hassle :lol:

One of the best (and easiest) suspension mods out there for W's is strut bars. I mention this now because Aweb80 on this forum makes them and is about to put in an order this Friday for his famous rear strut bar. If you hurry you can probably get an order in. The thread is in the group purchase section.

the first thing I am planning to do is get a new air filter and improve the suspension, it is not cool not safe trying to go fast and not being able to control her. :eek:

then I am going to head to the engine, fix it there so that it continues to run with a little more kick.

learning to drive in a hemi magnum I think I am OK with a little more kick for now.

:biggrin:

Sometimes... for a first car... You should stick with what you have and mod it a bit.

3.1 mpfi+

94-95 1.6 ratio rockers

maybe stiffer valve springs?

a BEN chip

custom exhaust

cold air intake/K&N filter?

it would be an excellent driver and very reliable.

sometimes... reliability > HP

listen to him!!!! im finding this shit out the hard way

my z34 is my second car and i have been wantin to mod its but first i need to fixed all the B.S. that its puttin me through! It may also be my bad luck i have! After I did aftermarket mufflers my rear disk brakes needed replaced, i just got headlight covers for it last friday and my starter went the following day when i was gettin off of work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the car is here, I am going to upload some pics.

it ran well from dallas to austin untill i got to georgetown, where it lose power and i had to pull over to the side of the highway.

I tried to started it back up, it will turn but wouldn't start. i think it my have over heated or the alternator went out. it is one of the things that has been not replace. oil level is high over the full mark. i thinking i need to drain the oil.

my grandfather want me to sell it, the car is so close to running i don't know what to do

my grandfather want me to sell it, the car is so close to running i don't know what to do

I hope you can get it running well without too much trouble. That car is beautiful. I hope you can keep it.

Your English is delightful. Where are you from?

Welcome :-*

the fuel injector was replaced, i am looking at the reciept.

I hope they do not do a crappy job, thanks for the advice i am going to take alook at it.

Just one or all of them?