OK SERIOUSLY EVERYBODY HELP!!!!!! UPDATE PG 7!

Night Fury

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• Addicted to eaton

• pontiac6ksteawd

• 88red4cyl

Like others have said, I would say this is a bad ICM or CPS. CPS isn't hard to change, but they are brittle and people have said that they like to snap off in the block. Be careful.

If I were your car I'd have no self esteem. You seem to love it or hate it depending on the day :lol:

See if the vacuum line is still attached to the MAP sensor.

See if any of vacuum lines are cracked by the throttle body

Take off the upper intake manifold and OHM the injectors. My car was the king of random stall and no starts when they were going. Have you noticed your idle surging at all? "A-VROOM,a vroom, a vroom"

It sounds like a relatively easy fix if you plan on keeping the car. If not, just sell it man. Its not worth the hassle

Wow 4 pages in less than 3hrs. Why not just have it towed to your sisters place so you can work on it without any time constraint.

Ok so... I replaced the ICM and I must say... getting down there a second time is MUCH easier than the first.

and the verdict is...

It still isn't fixed. BUT!! It DID need it. It now starts like no matter what, and makes it VERY obvious that it is fuel related.

It started fine and revved fine after replacing it, then it idled for a good five minutes while me, my sister, and her hubby talked just fine. It also accelerated fine until about 40... then NO power again, but it seemed to still run... in fact, when I pinned the pedal, it downshifted, even though it felt like it was in neutral because of no fuel.

So when I stopped, It felt like it was idling at 400 rpm... I revved it and nothing seemed to change... even pinned it remained about the same. It died multiple times, but it started again each time.

Injectors? FP? It seems DIRECTLY related to engine temp...

Would the fuel filter help? I can't see it causing all of this, but I can't get it off.

That would be a good place to start, since it seems to die a short time after its been running, could be a clogged fuel filter..

At first I thought that too, but now it really seems it's not getting any fuel... at least read my last post if you didn't.

hmm.... do you know where the fuel pressure regulator is? follow the vacuum line to the throttle body, pull it off, and see if there's any fuel in there, squirting out (with the car running).

Also try tapping on the map sensor with a screwdriver handle and note if any changes.

If you want to know where anything is, post a pic of your engine bay and I'll point it out.

Get it to St.Joe. Then you should set up a time i can come up. Then we can see what’s wrong with it. Go to the junk yard or parts store get what you need. Then we can Get that new interior in it :) ( I have had 4 or 5 out. 2 in W’s bodies. One in a Cutlass.

MAP is next to the alternator, it's a rectangular plastic sensor. Sort of under that metal cover piece.

The fuel pressure regulator...okay... see where the 2 smallest vacuum lines come off the throttle body? Follow them, one goes to a rubber tee, which one end is attached to the FPR, the other goes towards the back of the upper intake.

So what do I do after I tap the map and pull the vac line?

And Anthony... I'd like that, but I want a 96 now. 3100, new interior, obd2, abs, airbags, etc. THEN you can help with the dash. :lol: SO BUY THIS CAR!!

So what do I do after I tap the map and pull the vac line?

And Anthony... I'd like that, but I want a 96 now. 3100, new interior, obd2, abs, airbags, etc. THEN you can help with the dash. :lol: SO BUY THIS CAR!!

I don't need another cutty I think im going to get rid of my 96.

Lol. I would almost think about that But i think he would get the Bad part of the deal lol. Sorry Buck. your's will not take much to get it going. I think my car is worth id say 1,500 if i got the transmission in it 1,000 with the transmisson out of it. and 700 with out the transmission.