OK SERIOUSLY EVERYBODY HELP!!!!!! UPDATE PG 7!

Night Fury

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• Addicted to eaton

• pontiac6ksteawd

• 88red4cyl

I would rather help you get it running and reliable for you to drive. I got the monte right now takeing all my time it needed a tune UP! BAD.

Do you have to take the packs off to get it out?

And sorry I don't know this crap... I cant see down there!!

It's been a while since I've changed one, but when I did it on my Fiero, I believe that I left the coils on it when I took it out..

If you take the coils off, the ignition module will fall off in your hand. The 6 screws that hold on the coils, also hold the ignition module to the assembly bracket. Dont forget the wiring sequence for you plugs, or the wires for the coils. The repair can be done, on a cool engine, in about 30 mins...

And sorry I don't know this crap... I cant see down there!!

It's been a while since I've changed one, but when I did it on my Fiero, I believe that I left the coils on it when I took it out..

Thats the hard way. You can take the whole bracket assembly off. But talk about a MOTHER FUCKER to do...

If you take the coils off, the ignition module will fall off in your hand. The 6 screws that hold on the coils, also hold the ignition module to the assembly bracket. Dont forget the wiring sequence for you plugs, or the wires for the coils. The repair can be done, on a cool engine, in about 30 mins...

Must be a different set-up on these cars.. My igniton module was bolted to a thick piece of metal which was then bolted to the side of the engine, and then the coils were bolted onto the module in my Fiero..

Sonofabitch I wish I would have known that when I did the coils!

So this seems like a safe bet to replace? I guess I'm spending the night here so I can wait for more opinions....

Sonofabitch I wish I would have known that when I did the coils!

So this seems like a safe bet to replace? I guess I'm spending the night here so I can wait for more opinions....

I think you are going to only have 3 posibilitys.. The Module which we have discussed. The CPS which I would recomend a shop doing. Its kinda buried in the back of the engine. Or fuel injectors. Which if you have limited mechanical experience, I also would suggest a shop. You have to take about 10% of the engine apart to get to them.

Its posible its a MAF sensor. But I dont think the 91's had them.

No, its the same setup I beleive. Just its the harder way of doing it.

:lol: Well, I guess it's good that I learned the hard way then.. I went the junkyard route when my ignition module went out, so I just swapped the whole 'brick' assembly over to my car.. That winter one of the coils went bad, so I had to change the coils at 10:00 that night with no flashlight.. Talk about a bitch..

And IMO, Just about RETARDED to put all that electrical shit having sex with the manifold!

And FUCK NO there is no code.... That pisses me off just about as much as the situation itself...

A coil going bad, a injector going bad, or a CPS, I have yet to see any one of them throw a code.

x2 I suppose it's possible he got a defective coil too...

A coil going bad, a injector going bad, or a CPS, I have yet to see any one of them throw a code.

x2 I suppose it's possible he got a defective coil too...

Holy fuck that would piss me off...

I'm reading this thread and trying to imagine Buck-Fiddy and Anthony putting off insurance fraud.

It's late at night and Anthony shows up with a the pickup:

BuckFiddy: "Good you brought the plow on the pickup, that should prevent any damage to the pickup"

Anthony: "Okay let's take the wheels off, now."

BuckFiddy: "Just put 'em over there somewhere."

Anthony: "Okay, we ready now?"

BuckFiddy: "Let's do it."

[Anthony hops in pickup and guns the engine, for some rear end action]

BuckFiddy: "Why the fuck did you hit it so hard!?!"

Anthony: "I thought it was 'give' a little."

BuckFiddy: "How's it going to give, there's no wheels on the car, it's just sitting on it's belly."

Anthony: "Does my forehead look okay to you?"

[There's a four-inch gash from smashing it against the windshield after hitting the Cutlass]

BuckFiddy: "Looks fine, why?"

Anthony: "Seriously? Cause it hurts, and when I get home my dad can't suspect a thing!"

BuckFiddy: "Okay, let's get those rims moved deep into the forest, so that no one can find them."

Anthony: "We're friggin' geniuses!"

[After twenty minutes of tripping through the brush the hard labour is over the rims are completely hidden]

BuckFiddy: "Couldn't we have just put the rims in the back of the pickup, wouldn't that have been easier?"

Anthony: "Well, yes, but it was your idea to hide them and . . . nevermind."

BuckFiddy: "Shit, someone's coming"

[The two run to the pickup]

BuckFiddy: "What's the holdup?"

Anthony: "I can't find the damn keys."

BuckFiddy: "What!!!!"

Anthony: "I must have put them down when I took a leak beside that tree."

BuckFiddy: "Is this how you lose all of your keys??"

Anthony: "Shutup! You're not helping!"

. . . . . . to be continued.

I'm reading this thread and trying to imagine Buck-Fiddy and Anthony putting off insurance fraud.

It's late at night and Anthony shows up with a the pickup:

BuckFiddy: "Good you brought the plow on the pickup, that should prevent any damage to the pickup"

Anthony: "Okay let's take the wheels off, now."

BuckFiddy: "Just put 'em over there somewhere."

Anthony: "Okay, we ready now?"

BuckFiddy: "Let's do it."

[Anthony hops in pickup and guns the engine, for some rear end action]

BuckFiddy: "Why the fuck did you hit it so hard!?!"

Anthony: "I thought it was 'give' a little."

BuckFiddy: "How's it going to give, there's no wheels on the car, it's just sitting on it's belly."

Anthony: "Does my forehead look okay to you?"

[There's a four-inch gash from smashing it against the windshield after hitting the Cutlass]

BuckFiddy: "Looks fine, why?"

Anthony: "Seriously? Cause it hurts"

BuckFiddy: "Okay, let's get those rims moved deep into the forest, so that no one can find them."

Anthony: "We're friggin' geniuses!"

[After twenty minutes of tripping through the brush the hard labour is over the rims are completely hidden]

BuckFiddy: "Couldn't we have just put the rims in the back of the pickup, wouldn't that have been easier?"

Anthony: "Well, yes, but it was your idea to hide them and . . . nevermind."

BuckFiddy: "Shit, someone's coming"

[The two run to the pickup]

BuckFiddy: "What's the holdup?"

Anthony: "I can't find the damn keys."

BuckFiddy: "What!!!!"

Anthony: "I must have put them down when I took a leak beside that tree."

BuckFiddy: "Is this how you lose all of your keys??"

Anthony: "Shutup! You're not helping!"

. . . . . . to be continued.

:lol: I could totally see that...

Hide the rims to make it look like someone stole them! It would be obviously fraud if they saw them! :lol: :lol: I could so see that happening though...

Hide the rims to make it look like someone stole them! It would be obviously fraud if they saw them! :lol: :lol: I could so see that happening though...

This still doesn't make any sense.

I guess you don't want to re-claim the rims, in your master plan then?

Because it would make much more sense to have Anthony take the rims with him, over hiding them in the woods. Forget pics of legs, use the camera (and sister and some other friends to make a video of people stealing the rims so that the insurance company believes that they were stolen.

So, I was there pissing in the woods, when I heard a noise while taking pictures of me pissing on a snake, and I was like some gagnsters are doing something to the car, I better take a video and lie low just to be safe . . . .

Why not just bring a spare set of rims that Anthony doesn't want and bolt them on as you're taking the Cutty's off? :dunno: Then you could put them in the back of his truck and it wouldn't look fishy because the Cutty still has all four wheels.. :D

Why not just bring a spare set of rims that Anthony doesn't want and bolt them on as you're taking the Cutty's off? :dunno: Then you could put them in the back of his truck and it wouldn't look fishy because the Cutty still has all four wheels.. :D

That would make far too much sense.

That would make far too much sense.

To much work Duhh! lol