Taking the GP in for an Estimate. [more silly suspension questions]

EviLette

Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that you give it a shot. I know you don't have the tools to do the job. All I'm saying is that its that easy, that may not make sense to you, but to a shop it would make a lot of sense. If you do choose to go the coil over route, you can get installation instructions from Held and then take the to the mechanic, before you even buy the product.

Jamie

You REALLY need to find a local member that's willing to help you do the work for a fraction of the cost of what a shop would charge you. That, and you would learn everything as well!

You REALLY need to find a local member that's willing to help you do the work for a fraction of the cost of what a shop would charge you. That, and you would learn everything as well!

I fucking know this. I've known this for years. There are wichita members from KCPMC, but I don't talk much to those people... and I know you guys well enough here that I'd be cool with working on my car with most of you.

Problem is... there's only one other person that posts here even semi-regularly who lives in Wichita... and... well, I don't know how mechanically inclined he is. Never met the guy.

I'll probably be moving out to St. Louis area in a couple months. Too bad pontiac6ksteawd is moving. LOL. He'd be REAAAAALY close to where I'm moving.

Who?

-----

Okay, so I was told to check my RPO code, and I haven't gotten around to doing that yet, but maybe someone here knows.

We ran down a list of the part numbers (by we, I mean Special Edition GP did and I read and tried to pay good attention) and apparently there's a normal rear strut mount, and there's a heavy duty one.... both for the rear, different part numbers.

I can't think of any idea why one would have heavy duty and one not, but I figured I'd throw that out there. Like I said, I'm collaborating my list. I've got everything saved to my wish list on Tire Rack, so once I find a monoleaf (for sure) I'll be purchasing that stuff, so I want to get all my information right ahead of time.

Y'know, like, so I don't get made fun of for buying stock size tires? (LOL j/k)

-----

And on another note, HOLY SHIT. I think Birchmont might be cheaper than buying a salvage leaf..... cheapest salvage from car parts.org is 150, most is 299. :eek:

FWIW,

I had the HD mounts on my car, Q-ball had the non HD parts... they looked the same, so if there is a difference in them, I don't know what it is...

Birchmount FTW! Matt has one in the TGP, the ride is comparable to mine, only downside is its not adjustable. But you already said lowering wasn't a big thing for you, so a birchmount might be the perfect answer for you.

Jamie

Birchmont was going to be my last resort... if I couldn't find a leaf, which I have. I was going to figure out what spring rate is factory, and get something a little stiffer than that, because I've got a 150lb speaker box in my trunk. LOL.

Birchmont was going to be my last resort... if I couldn't find a leaf, which I have. I was going to figure out what spring rate is factory, and get something a little stiffer than that, because I've got a 150lb speaker box in my trunk. LOL.

my leaf had ~101k miles on it when I took it out....never sagged too bad....but, I'd rip the stock rubber pads (which are in perfect condition) off, and get some of the NAPA plastic pads....will help raise the rear a tad....maybe .5"

yes. I'm happy. Gave the guy the part number, told him how i'd been given the run-around on them twice, he goes, "well i dont know why they told you it was special order... we have them in stock." I about shat myself. Told him to bring them up, I bought them then and there.... although I'm feeling a bit guilty, hoping they wern't someone else's and the guy jst screwed up.