I have a 95 Grand Prix GTP, and im looking into getting a K&N cold air intake. Ive seen them on ebay and such. I do have a couple quick questions. I have a Mass AirFlow sensor in my car right? DO i put the intake on Prior to the sensor as to keep the sensor? Will this mess with the sensor at all? Anyone have details on mounting these into those crammed 3.4s? Also what all do i need to conect? isn't there a PCV valve or soemthing that needs connected to the intake? where is that located on the engine? thanks for the help...

jbkm

You should have a MAF since your car is a 95.

You DO need to keep the MAF, as it is THE best, most accurate way to measure how much air is coming into your engine. The only thing the K&N will do to the sensor is dirty up the resistors a bit. The way the MAF works is that the little resistors inside are heated up. And by staying real hot, it can give a reading on how much air is coming through the intake, and how cold the air is when it comes in. This is processed by the ecm to determine how much fuel to spray. So anyways, what happens is, that little by little, K&N filter oil gets sucked through the intake. When it does, the little resistors in the maf can start to accumulate the oil, and since they're hot all the time, the oil tends to bake on the resistors.

After a while, the resistors are so crudded up, they give out false reading and you end up running lean. But! fear not, they can, and should be cleaned every once in a while with come ELECTRONICS cleaner (like for circuit boards). You can find it at any auto parts store, it's like $3 a can.

So anyways, the K&N should fit fine. Or you can buy one of Red's CAI Kits. That should be everything you need to connect, I believe the PCV tube is optional, it can be replaced with one of those "crankcase breather filter" so diry crankcase fumes don't recycle through your intake and dirty up your combustion chamber (so I've been told). However, I'm not sure if that part of the PVC system relies on the vaccuum from the intake....but I haven't had any problems, then again, I have a 3.1

-MaD-

I make intakes. I have one for your car. let me know if your interested. RedZMonte@hotmail.com or just PM me. that Yahoo on E-Bay keeps ripping my pics off and selling stuff like it was his. Let me know if your interested.

For the MAF cars you put the filter directly on the MAF sensor and then couple the maf to the intake tube and then couple the intake tube to the T/B. here is what it will look like:

Pollydb2.JPG

Redz