Lowering the 1st Gen GTP's

55trucker

I know that this topic has been touched on many times before, and I did read thru the sticky on the procedures.....but this is not so much a question on how to... rather than input on the members who have lowered their cars..special attention here to the front in particular. My car does not the B4U kit....I have looked at many GTP's in the past (none lowered), and seeing how the front flares are fastened to the main fenders outer most wheel lip, and the flare covers the entire top of the wheel & tire, how far can one safely lower the suspension before one gets contact between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender flare when the spring is in considerable rebound? On my car, with the GTP wheels, the front tire projects out from the car past the lips of the fender at the wheels vertical centerline (so obviously it does so on a GTP but the flare covers the tire)...I have approx. 3" of clearance between the top of my tire and the bottom of the fender, if I want to stay with a front spring of the same spring & load rate as the original one that is there now (I really do not want stiff springs), how much am I limited to in safely dropping the front end?...I'd like some input from those who have already lowered their car....what spring they used (how stiff) and if they have come across any clearance issues. :question:..... thx guys, Steve