Junkyard Finds, with Vert VIN!!!

BXX

Went to a big pull a part yard in Cleveland today. Found all kinds of fun stuff but only left with 2 items. I will be going back on Tuesday

Found a Vert, forgot the year. Was red with white leather. I snagged the FSTB which cost me only $12!!!!

I aslo snagged a HUD dashpad from a 95 or 96 GP... I will be going back for the complete HUD setup and another HUD pad and setup from another 95-96 GP!!! The HUD pad is mint and cost me $12!!!

I also started on pulling out a sunroof but didnt have too much time so I will get it when I go back. It'll cost me only $38 for the complete unit :high5:

I also have other stuff I want to get, I just cant remember what. If anyone is interested in something, let me know as they had tons of W-bodies..

BTW, now for some crappy pics with the verts vin and of course, some OMGWTFL67BBQ!!!

wow those pics are small

Yeah, I didnt realize I had my camera phone resolution set soo low..

Oh yeah, now that I remember, there was a GP SE with AQ9 controls and the center colsole DIC thingy in really nice shape.. The AQ9's were grey but starting to show their age.

Damn, I wish there were places like that around here.

Yeah, this is the first time I was to someplace like it.. I was in LOVE!!! :lol:

They even let you use a nice size wheelbarrow to haul your shit around...

I live in Brunswick Ohio, about 15 minutes up the highway is all I have to drive to hit up the yard..

I now know where im gonna spend my days off. Im gonna start selling a lot of shit on ebay. I need to highjack the entire FI setup from a LT1 to sell. It'll only cost me maybe $100

No highjack, thats still a jy find :cool:

Im gonna take the GF's camera when I go Tuesday so I snag something that actually resembles pictures :lol:

Well, im off to my garage to see if I cant get that GP HUD dashpad put in my CS

no trying to hijack, I just didn't want to start another thread :lol: so here are a couple pics of the '92 International that I ran into at the JY today...

769cafe7.jpg

260c65b0.jpg

bbd418b6.jpg

17bf7bfe.jpg

OMFG I WANT THE INTERIOR!!!! SEATS!!!! BUCKETS!! LEATHA!!!ZOMG.

/capslockoff

If the prix with hud also had DIC...can you grab me the DIC if its VIN T (in 10th digit for 96)

Well, after trying to retrofit the GP HUD dashpad to my CS, I am finally saying fuck it... Im gonna snag the entire GP dash assy and swap it into my CS.. I like the GP dash anyway and it makes it easier to swap in the GP DIC since it already has a spot for it.

I will snag the DIC from the other GP as well since both have it.. Why so specific, they are the same from 95-96 AFAIK...

Well I work tomorrow and while I am there, im gonna take the die grinder with a Roloc disc and clean up the rust and crappy orignal paint and prolly install it on my car. I oughta sell it though and make some cash.

It has something to do with it being OBD2. a 96 DIC has a diff p/n than 94-95. If your still OBD1/1.5, and the one in the yard is infact a 96 I will trade you for mine. If your OBD2 then youll need the 96 n I guess im fucked :lol:

...and after lookin at ur sig ya ur cutlass is 96 so n/m

I think they are both 96... I will have to recheck since yeah, you are right. I will need the 96 since I am OBD2...

Oh, I just remembered, the 97 CS I am highjacking the sunroof out of has the digital climate control. I am thinking about ripping the entire setup out and buying it. I already have it, but someone here might really wanna swap it in cause I can honestly says, it pwns :lol:

Soooo, list of crap I need to get so far

Sunroof

Climate control setup

GP HUD complete dash with DIC

GP HUD dashpad and unit

GP DIC

GP Consol DIC (89 or 90 GP)

GP AQ9 Controls

Some misc Vert specific part to sell on ebay :mrgreen:

Stock W-body 16" rims w/tires so I can take my 17's off and refinsh them

Front strut knuck assy for my coilover project

Rear knuckle,hub,caliper,rotor assy from a 2nd gen GP (another project of mine)

Front upper strut mount from 2nd gen GP (part of my front coilover project)

CS Header panel and turn signal assys (mine were damaged in an accident)

CS Driver door (damaged before I bought the car)

3 doors for a 95-99 Dodge Neon (guy at work who I am gonna jew on the price :twisted:)

Entire LT1 intake setup (sell on ebay)

And some other crap that I can make some good money off of

So did you notice the black CS right when you first walk out to the yard? Missing a pass fender and bumper cover? I fucked that car up because both door handles were missing and Rich had to use pliers to open the drivers door. By the time we got the door open we only had like 20 minutes to get the assembly off. I remember there being a few Caprices there with LT1s and only 1 4th gen that someone painted yellow. I never did get to look at too many GPs, how many had HUD? Its too bad that none of them were 95+ coupes with gray or black interior. I noticed that dual climate control on the 4 door though and I gotta snag the trunk off the vert.

That place is the shit and I cant wait to go back, Ive got a list a mile long now LOL.

Sooo, richie was the one that fucked that door up??? Nice..

That yellow 4th gen that had the front end trashed?? Yeah, its missing an oil pan now.. A guy was there removing it when I was 2 cars down highjacking the HUD dashpad off a GP..

I saw 2 with HUD... If I have the extra cash man, I will highjack both of the GP's complete dash assemblies so you have have a black dash with HUD that isnt butchered like my CS..

Why you need the trunk off the vert? I thought they are vert specific??? I saw it and immediately though front strut tower brace, and sure enough, it was still there. That was the first score of the day.

I plan on taking everything that is related to the climate control unit, but not immediately. Im gonna take just the control unit so noody decides they want it...

When you available to go back up. Im gonna be there Tuesday and its prolly gonna be a weekly occurance...

'Vert trunks also fit coupes.

K, thanks.. I was hoping you would chime in... I wasnt interested in it since there was no lip tails... none anywhere in that yard.. I have the spoiler installed on my trunk lid, but I want the specific one so my spoiler lines up a bit better...

Also, it was sooooo sad to see the white leather interior trashed. My buddy who was with me didnt even know they could have it..

If you can find a header paanel for a Cutlass supreme.. That fits my 96

And Leather Seats and arm rest for my Grand Prix Or Cutlass.. Well ill pay you... what you call "good money" I will not be able to do it like now But first of may i will be able to.

I need the trunk lid for my tails and spoiler :razz:. Im not sure the next time Im going up, but it would be on a Sat or Sun since I work during the week. I think Im going to hold off on painting the whole car until I get the interior changed over to black or gray. So ill have a some extra money for parts right now.