New Paint Soon!!! EDIT, Painting Black via Spray Paint

BXX

Well, since spring is about to break, it's time to finally get my CS painted since it was damaged in an accident last summer..

I just dont know what color I want to go with. Something different would be nice but I am kinda leaning towards black as well. I love my stock color, but it kinda seems bland I guess. Nice thing about it is that I havent seen many in this color..

It's called Medium Dark Litchen Metallic (u208c paint code) for those of you who want to know..

Here are some pics of when I first got the car since they show the stock color the best..

P1010040.jpg

P1010028.jpg

Heres how the car looked in November and looks now... Like the black hood and spoiler?? :lol:

P1010144.jpg

P1010132.jpg

P1010125.jpg

P1010119.jpg

Im also thinking about going blue, the same color as this.

P1010114.jpg

And yeah, that's my GF's Saturn LS2... Dont be hating LQ1 guys because its a tab bit faster :lol: :burnout:

L81 FTW!!!

P1010113.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BXX

• hotrodolds

• J

• Venom

Top Posters In This Topic

THAT IS A SOLID COLOR GREY MY FRIEND DERIK HAS A 96 THAT COLOR DONT CHANGE OR ITS CAPS FOR LIFE FOR ME !!

It's actually more to a gunmetal to a greenish depending on light...lol...

I am thinking of getting these rims, except the black center part would be body color, what do y'all think???

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=JH8861BML&wheelMake=ASA&wheelModel=JH8&wheelFinish=Black+w%2FMach+Lip&showRear=no&autoMake=Oldsmobile&autoModel=Cutlass+Supreme&autoYear=1996&autoModClar=&filterSize=All&filterFinish=All&filterSpecial=false&filterBrand=All&filterNew=All&sort=Brand

Or I could leave the center black, and paing my hood and spoiler gloss black to match....hmmmm :confused:

Why does everyone love this color??? I love the color, but im the cars owner :lol:

BTW, I already bought a pint of this paint right after it got hit but decided to just paint the entire car instead of the damaged parts. Do you know how damn expensive it is?? Fricken 3x what most paints are the guy told me. And of course, Carquest is the only one who is able to mix it correctly by the paint code..

I would keep the same color. First because it'll either cost more because you have to paint the door jambs and engine compartment or or won't look right, and second because it's not a very common color and does look good! My coupe is Red so see the same car everywhere!

I love that factory color. It's GORGEOUS. It is simliar to what I did with my Cutty. I went gunmetal for mine. I didn't do the jambs and stuff on mine, though.

I like how mine turned out.

I would keep the same color. First because it'll either cost more because you have to paint the door jambs and engine compartment or or won't look right, and second because it's not a very common color and does look good! My coupe is Red so see the same car everywhere!

No matter what, the door jambs and such will be getting painted... The only thing I wont be painting body color is the engine compartment. I want to paint that black..

A midnight/dark blue would look amazing

...would need LOTS of up keep if it were to be maintained properly. The factory color would hide imperfections and swirls beter. Depends on how much elbow grease you're willing to put into keeping the paint flawless.

...would need LOTS of up keep if it were to be maintained properly. The factory color would hide imperfections and swirls beter. Depends on how much elbow grease you're willing to put into keeping the paint flawless.

That could be said with all paints really. Dark colors just show more.

That could be said with all paints really. Dark colors just show more.

True. I'm just throwin' that out there.