TGP progress thread- Update pg 6, some engine pics

Psych0matt

I don't know how these turned out, but took a few shots of the engine, since I cleaned it up a little the other day. and by a little, I mean only a little :lol: still pretty dirty, but that'll change eventually

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psych0matt

• 5speedz34

• pwmin

• slick

So does simple green and purple power!

But really I think you should take some parts off and paint them IMHO but it looks MUCH better!

gonna buy some degreaser from work tomorrow probably, and yes, I will paint some of the pieces, just not til I have the time, and probably when I trust it enough to take parts off and get them back on :lol:

not a bad idea. I was trying to figure out how to do it. I dont quite mind the look of the breather, but it gets oil everywhere on the front valve cover

Thats why I got rid of mine.

you could....... make a draft tube like the old pre-emisions cars had.... run a tube off the breather and have it hang below the car... and any oil that blows out will simply lube your underside!

yea but that would take the p out of pcv

I got a tube going to a jar and then to the end of the filter. trying to get the oil to accumulate in the jar instead of inside my turbo and IC.

you dont want that crud condensing back into the crankcase. might foul the oil or glaze everything over. in theory, having it hooked up right will draw out the gasses more better.

mo' betta! (referring to the above post)

mine had a bunch of scratches like that, so i just moved everything out of the way and took whatever i could off, masked everything off and painted over the regular paint and it looks so much better. i can post before/after pics, but i dont wanna put pics of other cars in a thread about your car.

mo' betta! (referring to the above post)

mine had a bunch of scratches like that, so i just moved everything out of the way and took whatever i could off, masked everything off and painted over the regular paint and it looks so much better. i can post before/after pics, but i dont wanna put pics of other cars in a thread about your car.

PM pics please.

Brake clean works wonders on cleaning up grease and grime.

Brake Clean strips paint I thought?

I don't have anything painted in my engine bay.

Umm, radiator core, firewall, fender, strut towers, etc?

i can post before/after pics, but i dont wanna put pics of other cars in a thread about your car.

by all means, go for it. this is not my "members rides" thread, just about my progress, or anything that'll help :biggrin:

all the pics can be found on my photobucket http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v476/pwmin/91%20Grand%20Prix/

before are in teh pix 06-07 subfolder and the after are in the engine bay subfolder. it doesnt like great and you can still see the scratches some, but theyre not bare metal, so less noticeable. it didnt take very long. i didnt use clear, so it couldve been better

HTH

paul