TGP progress thread- Update pg 6, some engine pics

Psych0matt

or you could buy one of the 4 that I have :)

I thought of that, but I want it tomorrow or tuesday at the latest hopefully, so that this weekend is make it look nice, more than find the stupid problem

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psych0matt

• 5speedz34

• pwmin

• slick

Hopefully it's the ICM and not a short somewhere in the harness.

that was the next thing i was thinking on my 91 cuz the 96 engine swap wiring wasnt done too well (already spliced a bunch of wires that were just twisted and taped together :rolleyes:). hopefully, just the ecm will fix it.

ok, got the coils and ICM off, and the plate between the ICM and coils has lots of powdery corrosion against the back of the coils, as well as it looks like there's moisture in the greasy protectant layer stuff on the board:

fronts of everything:

IMG_2724.jpg

and rear of everything:

IMG_2725.jpg

That grease is fine, looks like white lithium grease. Nothing to worry about.

oh no, I know that, i just meant it looks like moisture has been trapped between that and the plate for a while, and also behind the coils, causing the corrosion

Plugged in the new ICM, and no blowing fuse!!! however, I don't want to throw these coilpacks back on without knowing their condition. Or if that would be safe to do for the ICM? Ken took a quick look and seemed to think they would be just ok, but I also don't want to buy 3 brand new ones. suggestions?

Possibly...It's possible that the wires between the ICM and computer or ICM and CPS are bad and you just moved them around enough that they aren't touching each other or metal.

Surprised me when mine did...They looked fine until I finally fished them out and saw what was happening. But do this, it's easy and free...Grab a 194 bulb...Pull the connector out of the injector you can get to without pulling the plenum...Straighten the metal contacts on the bulb and stick it in the injector connector - harness side - and then crank it over...No light, no injector pulse.