Picked up 'Vert yesterday

Clarke33

Well it was a long day but I picked up my '93 yesterday. The car had been owned , by the same person, since '94. The car has 107K miles on it and runs great. It looks as if some basic maintenance items have been overlooked the past few years though. It looks as if it has a few oil leaks and a pretty good amount of trans fluid(?) under it this morning. I'm going to change the oil and trans fluid this weekend and check for leaks then.

I was really surprised by the gas mileage on the way back home. I was cruising I-85 between 65 and 70 MPH and including getting caught up in rush hour traffic in Atlanta I still averaged 30.2 MPG. Needless to say, the car has the 3.1 but I was pleased with the highway mileage.

I really haven't had time to look under the hood much but if anyone knows of common problem areas for oil leaks and the such, please feel free to respond. I'll update more as I get started on it.

welcome!

would you share your build date and VIN? (a PM will be fine if you wish not the share with everyone)

3.1 MPFI? (not 3100 SFI) depends how capable you are. I would, in conjunction with doing that repalce the feed line connector for the heater core in conjunction... IF it is the pot metal OEM one. always plan it to take longer than it will, but hopefully 3 - 4 hours?

I also add a paper gasket at the top of the drive gear mounting surface (as older cars had) to double up the leak protection.

I'll PM the info tomorrow. My workshop is about a mile from my house and the car and all info is there. I'm going to start fixing everything this weekend. Also I want to thank everyone here for all the info. :cool:

I have the VIN added, Ken...But not the build date...I'm guessing by the VIN, late 05/93 or early 06/93. :D

Not a 3100 car though as I have yet to find a 3100 powered 1993 'vert.

Clarke, it took me about 30 minutes to replace mine on my '92 3.1 MPFI. My '94 is leaking like a sieve, I need to break down and replace it (at least a 3 hour job) soon before the owner's landlady gets even more pissed. :roll:

Super easy on a 3.1. Not sure about a 3100.

3.4 = Pack a lunch.

lunch, dinner, and breakfast!!!!

the 3100 wants you to pull alot of stuff for clearance, but the 3.1 is easy enough.

I picked up everything at the parts house today but now I have to find the time( one of my daughters has a volleyball tournament tomorrow). I am going to replace the o-ring, plugs, wires, belt, hoses, filters, change the oil and tranny fluid, etc. The Fel-Pro o-ring was a whopping 62 cents. I looked at the engine with a flashlight and it does look like a fair amount of oil is coming from the distributor drive. It'll take a few days to do everything but I would just as soon do it all now.