Wierd TGP brake problem. Burn in hell PM3!!

Addicted2bass

Yea so i love everything about my TGP except the brakes. I think something is messed up inside the main unit. My brake pedal is real hard then when it softens up the pedal pushes back at me. Its most noticable from 20mph down to a stop. The braking is not smooth, i kind of jerk to a stop.

Pads and rotors are all good. No abs light is on. The car is driveable this way but it gets kind of annoying. No mechanic around here will touch this brake system lol.

i think it was all a bad idea

No power, no brakes...What the hell were they thinking?

lol i have no idea, some things just werent meant to be. they figure the more problems you have the more money you have to spend to get it fixed, you get screwed all the way around :willynilly:

I went through the same thing when I bought my TGP.... start out by bleeding your brakes, bleed until fresh, clear fluid comes out from each caliper. These systems really benefit from clean fluid and no air in the system. After that, look underneath the car... right next to the fuel filter, there is an aluminum block with brake lines going in and coming out of it.... is there any fluid leaking from it? The aluminum valves are common to go bad. Start with those and come back..........

Nick

Me and my buddy may bleed the brakes this weekend if i have time. There is no fluid leaking, ive seen nothing on the ground and the fluid is full and looks fairly new.

On a side note i pulled the abs fuse and took the car for a drive down my street. I pretty much had no brakes. Even at 10 mph i had to put all my weight into the pedal. Is this the way the PM3 works? It felt like i had no power brakes, is that all tied into the abs?

Even if there aren't puddles on the ground, the aluminum valve could be leaking- check it anyway to be sure. But yeah make sure all brake and abs fuses and relays are good, then bleed the brakes well. Give us an update after that.